9

Chapter 9

WARNING: There may be some mature elements in this chapter. The readers’ discretion is advised.

***** 

Rushing into the palace, Yan Feili and his subordinates scattered to look for the monarch. The palace was in chaos. There were falling dead bodies and palace people running for their lives. Yan Feili has no time to pay attention to them because the demise of a Kingdom itself represented a disaster, and they were all victims of this disaster.

He caught a first-grade eunuch, a servant, and the eunuch tremblingly said that the monarch had fled with the Ouchi Guards. Yan Feili let him go, grabbed a horse, and chased after through the back mountain of the palace.

On the hillside were the corpses of many soldiers including those of the big inner masters which rushed with blood with the remaining temperature still there. It was not long after their deaths.

Then, on the other side of the foot of the back mountain, was the rising moonlight. 

Yan Feili thought he saw a bright moon. A young man was dressed in white with a soft sword in his hand and was as cold as a plum, standing tall in a sea of ​​blood like a god coming to the world. Behind him were the universe and the moon. The faint silver moon brilliance seemed to radiate from him, and his clothes fluttered.

Around them were corpses including the twelve Ouchi masters. The monarch of the Jian Kingdom languished in front of the young man like a soulless man, his face pale and trembling.

The youth was cruel, noble, and inexhaustible.

Yan Feili admired and worshiped the strong.

We’re sorry for MTLers or people who like using reading mode, but our translations keep getting stolen by aggregators so we’re going to bring back the copy protection. If you need to MTL please retype the gibberish parts.

Pc atlr agbeyifv kbgiv, bcis atf ragbcu mjc regnlnf, jcv bcis atf ragbcu mjc mgfjaf j cfk kbgiv obg atf kfjx! Ca atja wbwfca, klatbea jcs ijcuejuf bg gfjrbc, Tjc Mflil kjr vffqis lwqgfrrfv ys atf sbecu wjc lc ogbca bo tlw.

Tjc Mflil uba boo atf tbgrf jcv jqqgbjmtfv atf ybs.

He saw a silver ring pinned to the young man’s left ear with a flying dragon carved along with teeth and claws, shining with a deceptive light under the silver moonlight.

“Who are you?” The boy said coldly. 

The faint plum fragrance drifted in the rising moonlight, making Yan Feili a little dazed.

“You are the leader of Pan Jun!” The young man half-squinted his eyes and looked at Yan Feili carefully, “I have heard that the Jian Kingdom’s rebel army has an outstanding record. It can be regarded as a powerful army. It’s just that their leader was unexpectedly young.”

The young man pointed at the weak monarch with his sword. He said not an interrogative sentence but an affirmative sentence, “Are you here to kill him?”

“Yes!” Yan Feili turned his head to look at the incompetent man who was almost unconscious with foams in his mouth. 

“I’ll let you kill him!” The boy had an arrogant tone as if he was dismissive.

Yan Feili didn’t feel insulted, only that such a tone was so natural to the teenager. When he walked to the person, he raised the sword and slashed him. The blood gushed out, and his head fell to the ground.

Yan Feili looked at the corpse in front of him, feeling a little at a loss. This was the person that the Pan Yue had always wanted to kill, who died so easily at Yan Feili’s hands. If the Pan Yue was swinging the sword now, was he willing? Satisfied? Had the hatred disappeared? Yan Feili didn’t know or understood.

Now that Yan Feili fulfilled Pan Yue’s wish, what should he do next? Yan Feili turned around and stared at the young man. He felt that the distance between the brilliance of the moon and himself had never been closer, almost close at hand. 

The boy allowed him to stare. Then the boy retracted the soft sword leisurely. There was no trace of blood on it.

“Would you like to follow me?” The boy raised his eyes and looked at Yan Feili.

“Yes!” Yan Feili answered almost without thinking.

At that time, he didn’t understand why he answered so easily. It seemed that he was waiting for the sentence without the fear that he might regret it later. 

Many years later, Yan Feili had to admit that it was his heart that made the most direct and frank decision for himself.

“Kneel and swear to me, Beitang Ao. I will be your master and you will be loyal to me for my life! Never betray me for the rest of my life! Otherwise, you will suffer the most painful torture in this world, and you will end up in hell after death!” The cold voice of the young man was as noble as a god, his eyes were cold but not mad, arrogant but alienated, and his dazzling light was reflected by the moonlight!

Yan Feili disbanded Pan Jun. He took out the wealth accumulated over the years of robbery and evenly distributed it to everyone. Those who were willing to leave with their portion of the wealth hoped to start a new life in this troubled world. Those who were unwilling to leave, stubbornly stay with Yan Feili, hoping to advance, fight, and prosper together!

Liu Qi chose the former. Yan Feili gave him the share of silver that belonged to him. The two went their ways by the Li River. 

They had been together for more than ten years. They were loving brothers, but in the face of fate, they parted ways to pursue different futures.

“Xiao Yan…” Liu Qi kept calling him like that, and it hadn’t changed for more than ten years. “I thought you liked a stable life.”

Yan Feili did not answer.

Yes! He liked and desired stability. He had enough of the life of a beggar who had been displaced since childhood. 

Although Pan Jun was robbing the rich and helping the poor, they had a strict military discipline that was different from ordinary bandits. They all seek life on the edge of the sword, either killing or being killed. There was no peace in this kind of life, and he had no remorse.

But now, he encountered the bright moon above the sky; and he willingly gave up the pursuit of a quiet life, gave up all attachments, and only hoped to follow that person and do everything for him.