53

Chapter 53

“Da Da.”

The tangram lock was unlocked, and the lock cylinder fell on the bed, leaving only the lock surface to be held tightly by the little boy. 

“Li’er is so smart!” Beitang Ao hugged the child and kissed him. The child liked Beitang Ao kissing him and laughed out, showing his two bright black eyes crooked.

There was something in the eyes, making everything blurred. Yan Feili tried to open his eyes wide, hoping to see this scene more clearly, but it seemed that he couldn’t see it.

Beitang Ao hugged the child, walked to him, and smiled, “Feili, you see how smart he is.”

Yan Feili could not speak out but look at the child eagerly. 

Beitang Ao sighed and softly said, “You’re such a big person, don’t look like this in front of a child.”

“Give me. Hug me…” Yan Fei did not realize it and stretched out his hands.

The child didn’t recognize the person who gave birth to him and didn’t let Yan Feili hold him. He only looked at Yan Feili curiously then turn to Beitang Ao.

“Li’er… My Li’er…” Yan Feili gently touched the child’s tender cheek and saw him turning around, raising the small lock in his hand to show Beitang Ao.

“Li’er is so smart… My Li’er… Is so smart…” Yan Feili wanted to praise him with a smile, but in the end, he couldn’t help but hug him tightly.

Watching Yan Feili cry and laugh, Beitang Ao felt a little distressed and a little at a loss. For so many years, he had never seen Yan Feili weep. Seeing Yan Feili now made him a little flustered. He wanted to raise his hand and wipe away Yan Feili’s tears but felt wrong so he stood still.

We’re sorry for MTLers or people who like using reading mode, but our translations keep getting stolen by aggregators so we’re going to bring back the copy protection. If you need to MTL please retype the gibberish parts.

Coafg j ktlif, tf kjixfv bnfg jcv rjlv, “Mflil, mjiw vbkc. Gbc’a rmjgf atf mtliv.”

Tjc Mflil tfjgv atlr, tegglfvis gjlrfv tlr tfjv yea rjk Ol’fg kjr rajglcu ja tlw klat ylu gbecv fsfr bqfc klatbea atf rilutafra ofjg. 

Dflajcu Cb ijeutfv qgbevis, “Tbe rff tbk ubbv tf lr? Lf lr j tjcvrbwf ybs.”

“Yes.” Yan Feili wiped away the tears on his face. Then he turned around to look at the boy in his arms and said, “This child looks like the Sect Master.”

“Also like you. Look at his black eyes, they are the same as yours.”

Yan Feili took a closer look and still felt that the child was more like the Sect Master. 

Li’er had been lying quietly in Yan Feili’s arms. At this moment, he turned to Beitang Ao, stretched out a small hand to him, and called out vaguely, “Eh…”

Beitang Ao smiled at him and coaxed, “Li’er be good, let your… Let your adoptive father hug you.”

Yan Feili became stiff.

“Feili, I’ve picked a name for Li’er, look at it.” Beitang Ao handed over a piece of paper with [two] words written on it. 

“Beitang Ri…” Yan Feili murmured.

It represented the sun, moon, and stars. A son that shone like the god rays of the sun, a metaphor for Beitang Ao’s expectations for this child.

“This is a good name?”

“Yes.” 

Yan Feili took the child to the bed, pulled out the small rattle from his arms, and fiddled twice in front of Li’er, attracting all his attention. Yan Feili smiled and played with him.

Beitang Ao walked over and sat down beside them, “As soon as you left Shenmei Courtyard today, I went and brought the child back, just thinking to give you a surprise. Feili, are you happy now after seeing Li’er?”

“Yes! Thank you, Sect Master.”

Yan Feili watched the child and his face smiled in satisfaction. The North Gate let them play for a long while. 

When it was noon, the child became impatient. North Gate called for a young woman dressed as a peasant, “The young master is hungry. ”

The woman didn’t speak, but just bowed and took the child.

“Where is she going to take the child?” Yan Feili asked hurriedly.

“Don’t worry, she’s taking the baby down to breastfeed.” The North Gate saw the look of panic and said, “She is called Cui Nu. The child had been in her care. She is mute and won’t be able to talk nonsense. Feili, sit down and I have something to say to you. ” 

Yan Feili heard the words, turned around, and sat down.

Beitang Ao said, “I named Li’er, Beitang Ri. You should understand my intentions. He is my eldest son. Whether a son of Yanyan will be born in the future will not change this fact. In the future, the title Sect Master of the North Gate will have to be inherited by him. ”

Yan Feili was not stunned, “Sect Master…”

“You don’t need to say anything, I have decided. Since this child is my eldest son, he should inherit everything from me. However, Feili, you have to know that if he is my son, he cannot be your child. Do you understand?” 

Yan Feili’s face turned pale for a moment, “…I understand.”

Beitang Ao sighed and added, “I know you gave birth to this child yet I let him call your foster father. You must feel uncomfortable. In the future,  it can not always be explained to him of his origin.”

Yan Feili’s face was dark but knew that this can only be so and whispered, “Yes. Sect Master thinks well.”

Then Beitang Ao remembered something, “Yanyan… I haven’t told her yet. Let’s talk about it after she gives birth.” 

“That… Er… When does the Sect Master plan to take him away?”

Seeing Yan Feili’s nervousness and fear, Beitang Ao said, “If you miss him so much, I will let Cui Nu and Ri live with you.”

His heart was overjoyed, and his face burst happily, “Sect Master, thank you!”

Beitang Ao felt that this decision was a bit reckless, but when he saw Yan Feili’s joyful face, he felt it was worth it, and smiled, “It’s just right to let Li’er live with you. That Cui Nu and her husband are mute. Now is the time for Li’er to learn to speak. You can teach him when you have time.” 

Yan Feili immediately became restless, wishing to be with Li’er now. Hold the child in his arms and teach him to talk and walk.