24

Chapter 24

When Beitang Ao returned to Liuxiang, the sky was almost bright. Lin Yanyan fell asleep on the couch with her clothes. He took a look, got a quilt, gently covered her, turned around, and left the room again.

Some servants of Liuxiang got up and got busy one after another. Beitang Ao was absent-minded. After walking around the garden for a while, before he knew it, he came to the Bamboo Garden where Yan Feili lived. 

He hesitated at first and then stepped in.

Ximei was transferred back to the Shenmei Courtyard, but she came here regularly to clean and tidy up.

Beitang Ao opened the door, and a chill came in. Looking at the cold room, Beitang Ao remembered the night of New Year’s Eve. He thought that the person who was unwell and came here to see him. Instead, he was in the presence of a shocking scene.

Yan Feili’s face was pale and his struggle to give birth reappeared in front of him. Beitang Ao couldn’t imagine what kind of pain a man experienced when giving birth to a child. In his philosophy, that was a woman’s business. 

It was natural for women to give birth to children. Even if it was harder, it was the responsibilities and obligations of talents for them. Men should not bear these obligations, men had things that men should do.

But now, Beitang Ao sat down next to the bed, remembering the entanglement with Yan Feili several times here.

What men should and shouldn’t do, what they can do and what they can’t do, they have done everything… Beitang Ao, for the first time, began to carefully examine their practices, words, and wrongs. What kind of emotions were they?

In the past, Yan Feili was just his subordinate, a general who opened up territory for himself and stabilized the military spirit.

Later, when the Ghost Forest incident happened, Yan Feili saved Beitang Ao using his body to cure the love potion… Things can be counted as equal. But the arrival of that child disrupted everything. Disrupted the balance he had worked so hard to maintain and changed his relationship with Yan Feili.

Although he tried his best to bring the relationship back to the original point, he failed. After the child was taken away and everything was covered up, there was still something different between him and Yan Feili. Yan Feili wanted to leave him. And when he learned about this, he was going crazy.

Was Yan Feili going to abandon his vows back then? Does he still consider Beitang Ao the Master of their Sect? But Dongfang Xi’s words woke him up like a basin of cold water, making him startled and angry.

We’re sorry for MTLers or people who like using reading mode, but our translations keep getting stolen by aggregators so we’re going to bring back the copy protection. If you need to MTL please retype the gibberish parts.

Tfa atf wbra rtbmxlcu atlcu kjr atja ktfc tf kjr vgecx. Lf vlv atja xlcv bo atlcu ab tlw jujlc. Ktf ajraf bo fmrajrs atja cluta kjr qblrbcfv lcab atf ybcf wjggbk ilxf j rtjvbk, wjxlcu tlw ugjvejiis ibrf atf ajraf bo obbv jcv riffq ja cluta, pera kjcalcu ab ags atja xlcv bo lcnlubgjalcu rjalrojmalbc bnfg jcv bnfg jujlc. 

He was poisoned and addicted.

Although the inherent arrogance made him reluctant to admit it, he still fell in love with Yan Feili. But that was just physical attraction. When Yan Feili said he was leaving, Beitang Ao breathed a sigh of relief. He did not object and let Yan Fei leave just like that.

According to the plan, he and Lin Yanyan became relatives. He thought the newlywed wife could make him forget everything, but things got out of his control again because he always unconsciously thought of Yan Feili. This made him very unhappy, he didn’t like this feeling.