30

Chapter 30

“What’s the matter?” Yan Feili tried to move, but Beitang Ao held him tighter.

Yan Feili’s skills were impaired and he couldn’t hear the noise outside, but Beitang Ao could hear it. Beitang Ao said, “It’s nothing, it’s probably the refugees who fled.” 

The floods in the south were getting worse. The Yue Kingdom and several other countries were not prosperous. They were forcing a foothold in this troubled world while overwhelmed by the biggest flood in the past ten years. The victims were desperate and moved with their families to seek refuge in Huacheng.

Hearing the words, Yan Feili became uneasy, thinking of the life of the old beggar as a child. In these natural disasters, how many families will lose their loved ones, and how many children will become orphans?

Yan Feili broke free from the strong embrace, got up, opened the window, and took a look. He saw the refugees carrying their baggage, standing in twos and threes, supporting each other on both sides of the road, and waiting for the convoy to pass by without a spirit. Some women were still holding thin children in their arms whose cry was weak. Yan Fei looked at them with pity until the carriage started moving again and Beitang Ao pulled down the window.

Upon entering the Huacheng, they went to a minor Tianmen establishment. 

Du Sheng, the personnel in charge, came out to greet them in person. Having seen the Sect Master of the North Gate, Beitang Ao asked them to drive the carriage into the courtyard while Qiu Yeyuan helped Yan Feili get out of the carriage.

Du Sheng met with Yan Feili several times every year when he went to Jianjing to report regularly. He was surprised to see Yan Feili described as haggard, thin, and apathetic. He especially opened up the western courtyard of the minor establishment for Beitang Ao and Yan Feili.

The remaining soldiers that came with the Northern Sect Master were all arranged in the outer courtyard.

Once they had settled down, Yan Feili was able to recover from illness with peace of mind. His illness had long been the root cause of his life. Still, it was impossible for him to fully recover.

Under Qiu Yeyuan’s careful treatment, Yan Feili’s injuries and minor postpartum illnesses improved, but the body was still very weak and did not see any improvement. Beitang Ao asked Qiu Yeyuan why.

“The knot in the heart is hard to solve. He is also depressed that his body had not improved for a long time,” Qiu Yeyuan replied.

We’re sorry for MTLers or people who like using reading mode, but our translations keep getting stolen by aggregators so we’re going to bring back the copy protection. If you need to MTL please retype the gibberish parts.

Beitang Ao frowned, “When will the body get better after such a delay?”

Hle Tfsejc rlutfv, “C vlrfjrf bo atf tfjga klii cffvr tfjga wfvlmlcf! Hle mjc bcis tfji tlr ybvs jcv mjccba tfji tlr tfjga.” 

“Qtja vb sbe wfjc?”

Hle Tfsejc ecvfgrabbv tlr kbgvr jgf jyragjma jcv qfgtjqr fnfc jyregv. Vajglcu ragjluta ja Dflajcu Cb, tf gfaegcfv atf defralbc klat jcbatfg, “Rbgat Xjaf jrxr wf kts, yea vbc’a sbe jigfjvs xcbk?”

Beitang was surprised, then glanced at Qiu Yeyuan and saw the fearless eyes. With this, Beitang Ao can be sure that Qiu Yeyuan already knew everything. He helped Yan Feili deliver the baby, he surely made a guess. He also helped Yan Feili through the miscarriage, it was inevitable that he knew.

“Doctor Qiu, I have always wanted to ask you something.” 

“Please don’t hesitate to tell me if you have something to say, Sect Master.”