21

Chapter 21

Ling Qing saw the candlelight in the tent, walked in, and saw Yan Fei in the corner of the tent. He was taken aback and rushed over, “General, what’s wrong with you?”

Yan Feili breathed out slowly, “I’m fine.” 

He returned to the table and looked at the dishes without any appetite.

“General, your face is not good, are you okay?” Ling Qing asked in concern.

“It’s okay! It’s just that the food is too cold to eat. You can take things out.”

“Or I can prepare some hot vegetables for you.” 

Yan Feili shook his hand and signaled that he was not going to eat anything, “It’s in the middle of the night, don’t do it. You should go and rest soon.”

“Yes.” Ling Qing went out.

Yan Feili did not take this matter to heart. He thought it was because he was too tired recently.

Back onto the bed, he took off his coat and a red paper fell out of it. Yan Feili looked at it for a while, before bending over to pick it up. It was a greeting card from the Four Heavens Gate with only a few words printed on it: The Sect Master of the North Gate is newly married, the Tianmen brothers are happy! The wedding card was sent from Jianjing on the second day of April. It took more than half a month before it arrived at Yan Feili’s camp.

He looked at the big characters. Although the date of Beitang Ao’s marriage had been known for a long time, people were far away and invisible. Those who didn’t hear can live their lives deceiving themselves and others. But now, the news came through this form, forcing him to face reality.

Thinking of Beitang Ao’s big marriage made Yan Feili uncomfortable. Those two will soon have heirs, what about his son? The Sect Master said that the child was sent away, where did he go? Beitang Ao also said that Li’er was his eldest son and will not be against Li’er in any case. However, Beitang Ao and Lin Yanyan will soon have other children. Will he remember his words about Li’er?

We’re sorry for MTLers or people who like using reading mode, but our translations keep getting stolen by aggregators so we’re going to bring back the copy protection. If you need to MTL please retype the gibberish parts.

Tjc Mflil abrrfv jcv aegcfv bc atf yfv atja cluta, ecjyif ab riffq.

Pc atf cfza ofk vjsr, Tjc Mflil yerlfv tlwrfio klat atf vlrmerrlbc jybea atf boofcrf klat Vfma Zjrafg Wlwfc Tef jcv rfnfgji batfg ufcfgjir. Coafg cfjgis j wbcat bo byrfgnjalbc jcv afralcu, atfs tjnf gbeutis ugjrqfv atf ragfcuat bo atf batfg. Ktf lwwlcfca kjg kjr tfgf. 

Yan Feili was busy and the days did not feel sad. Sometimes there was some discomfort in his body, but he did not take it seriously.

One day, he went to Ximen Yue’s tent to discuss important matters. Before he went in, one person rushed out, and the two almost ran into each other. Yan Feili saw that it was Qiu Yeyuan. His face was flushed and full of anger, but he paused when he saw Yan Feili. He became a little embarrassed. He didn’t even say hello and turned and ran.

Yan Feili was a bit inexplicable, but he knew that Qiu Yeyuan and Ximon Sect Master had always been at odds. Perhaps it was another dispute. He felt that the Ximen Sect Master did not have any malice. Although the other was a little arrogant, he seemed to be teasing Qiu Yeyuan most of the time.

During the discussion in Ximen Yue’s tent, they were informed that the general of the Dian Kingdom, Wujie, might carry out a surprise attack on them in the past two days. So, they decided to take the count and ask the king to join.