XXXVI

MIN YOONGI

   "They should be around here."

   I stop walking when my 'father' gives us a sign. He gestures for my sister and me to stay as he and my mother walk on.

   "So... are we gonna talk about what happened?"

   I don't look her way as I sigh. Yesterday, a lot happened. Not only did my bestfriend, someone Yewon is very fond of as well, almost died. We found out his father is a werewolf. Then Yewon met one very powerful Alpha wolf of which no one in the room, including me, seemed to be cautious.

   "Why did you let Tae go with that monster?" Yewon asks.

   I look at her. How her brown hair flows down her face in wild waves, her brown big doe eyes that used to hold such an innocent glance, are now stretched into a fierce glare.

   "Yewon, this is a... weird situation," I mumble and look away.

   "A weird situation? Taehyung is with those monsters! What do you mean by a weird situation?"

   "Yewon." I stop talking. Trying to push away the need to defend them. Yewon is right after all. But I know Taehyung will be fine. He's with Jeongguk and Hoseok. They wouldn't harm him, how annoying it might be to admit it.

   "Did you forget what happened to Yonwon?"

   "You can't blame them all for what happened to Yonwon, Yewon."

   I used to blame them just as much as Yewon does now. But the last time I talked with Hoseok he said something that stuck to me. After all, Yonwon wasn't innocent either. He was a werewolf hunter just like I am. This work can't be done without any risks.

   "I don't get you," Yewon scoffs and throws her crossbow over her shoulder. "You told me to never trust them! Why would you trust them with Taehyung? Or are you switching sides now?"

   "You can't trust them. I don't trust them. I do trust they won't hurt Taehyung. They'll protect him from any harm. Taehyung is Jeongguk's mate, Yewon," I tell her. She just scoffs.

   "Yeah, like Hoseok is yours?"

   I gulp, not sure what to say. I feel my heart beat a little faster, a pained sting making it a little harder to breathe but I won't show it.

   "I'm sorry, Yoon. I didn't mean it like that. I just meant that we thought that Hoseok would protect you from this world, and he's left as well," Yewon sighs as she places a hand on my shoulder. 

   "He didn't, Yewon. I pushed him away after what happened to Yonwon."

   I paused after the realization and looked at the ground.

   All this time I've been so angry with Hoseok, I've been in so much pain. And all my suffering has been my own choice. Not only that, I can't imagine how much Hoseok must have suffered. After all, he's much more affected by our bond thanks to him being a kind of Lycan.

   The truth is, I've known for a bit now. I know I was the one in the wrong. But my hatred for their kind and my pride kept me from ever trying to fix the problem.

   Now, Hoseok hates me as much as I once hated him.

   I can't blame him... the pain I deliberately let him go through just like that is enough to make you want to kill the one who caused it.

   And I'm not sure if I even want things to go back to then. It was complicated and different. It was new and hot.

   "But he never truly had your back, Yoongi. I mean, you two were pretty immature. And then I mean him especially," Yewon says carefully.