XI

KIM TAEHYUNG

    To say my first few days at my new school didn't dazzle my head, was a complete lie. Walking into the building, I was happy to be alone for a moment.

    I didn't sleep tonight. I used all my hours overnight thinking, then crying. Then thinking again, just to end up crying again. I decided to stop thinking about what happened these few days as it only seemed to confuse me more and my reaction to these overwhelming feelings and confusion led me to cry my eyes out.

    And then it was time to get out of bed already. I'm so incredibly tired. Not only did I get not a second of sleep tonight. I spend it crying and crying is exhausting.

    I can't wait till I can go home again. I'll immediately go to bed and sleep.

    "You look like you could use some sleep," a chuckle next to my ear makes me look up, too tired to flinch, too annoyed to be happy to see anyone. But it was Namjoon.

    "Thanks for pointing out the obvious," I say, rolling my eyes and immediately feeling guilty for reacting this way.

    "Sorry... I haven't slept at all last night," I sigh and hear Namjoon chuckle as he says it's alright.

    "Believe it or not. I know people who are more bitchy, some even when they do get the sleep they need," Namjoon says and I can't help but giggle as he makes an overdramatized look of despair.

    "Where is your buddy? Yoongi?" Namjoon then asks and looks around. I shrug as I look around as well, opening my locker in the meantime.

    "I haven't seen him yet, why?" I ask.

    "Well, he's always around you. Kinda thought he might be hiding and will jump me any moment now," Namjoon says and I couldn't help but laugh softly at that.

    Namjoon for sure is a funny person. Very goofy.

    "Don't worry. He won't," I say and look around again. Indeed, where is he?

    "Anyways. Are you and Yoongi going to that party Friday?" he asks. I looked up with a frown which told him enough.

    "Jennie's birthday. She's giving a party with open doors. So anyone who wants to can come over," Namjoon smiles.

    I didn't smile. I'm not going. No one in this world could convince me to. I'm done with the parties.

    "I don't know about Yoongi but I'm not going," I say softly, softly chewing on my lower lip, a habit I used to have when I got nervous but tried to quit as it sometimes got too much and I'd hurt myself.

    "Why not? Her parties are the talks of Wolfenden!" Namjoon exclaims and looks at me with big eyes.

    "I'm just not really into parties," I say as I felt my heart beat a little faster by the flashback of the last time I went out to a party like that.

    "Oh... well, that's too bad. I bet you'd like this one," Namjoon smiles and I just smile back before closing my locker. Then I finally see Yoongi.

    "Yoon, hey!" I say and see him smile as he approaches us.

    "Hey, Troubles. Hello, Namjoon," he says in a little more unbothered tone as he looks at the taller.

    The rest of the day went on pretty calmly. Of course, I was nervous to walk into Jeongguk. But I didn't see him anywhere. I did see Jimin, but their other friend, Hoseok, and Jeongguk were both not there.

    Yoongi knew I was looking for him, I could see it in his eyes, but he didn't say anything about it. And I didn't want to talk about them to him as well.