XXXIII

JEON JEONGGUK

"What is happening?" I hear a woman's voice say. When I peek around the corner I see Yoongi hovering over my unconscious mate. Next the him stands his sister, Yewon. She's busy handing her brother small vials and herbs.

"I don't know. He just passed out all of a sudden," Yoongi says as his fingers work quickly to create a mixture of the ingredients he was given.

"Let me give him a look," I say, and both heads shoot up. In less than a second, Yewon holds a crossbow and points it at me.

"Don't you dare take another step..." She stops talking when she notices the looks I'm sharing with Yoongi. I'm looking at him, asking him to stop his sister from acting up. But he looks at me angry and mostly disappointed.

"You know... I defended you... I told him you would never hurt him," Yoongi starts as he steps aside and lets me come closer.

"That's nice," I chuckle as I hover over my mate and watch him sleep peacefully. His eyebrows frown from time to time and although he might not be in pain, he's not entirely in peace.

"This happened right after I broke the news to him that you two aren't a thing anymore. That you found yourself a new girlfriend. Honestly, Jeongguk, is this a game to you?" Yoongi slams down the bowl with his little medicine.

I look at him and frown at his words. "Is playing around with his feelings funny to you? Now I finally understand Hoseok's behavior. You're all assholes, right? When is Jimin going to break Namjoon's heart?"

"Namjoon?" Jeongguk asks confused but he soon realizes.

"Yeah, focus on all the other things I said," Yoongi chuckles as he finishes his medicine.

"You act as if humans don't do the exact same things. And for your information, I never wanted this. I want to be with Taehyung and no one else. But I have duties. Taehyung seemed to not be able to accept me, and I just needed him to accept us a bit sooner..." the last part I say mostly to myself as I take in the features of my beautiful mate.

I lift my hand to wipe his hair out of his face and slowly let it slide down to his neck. Then his body shocks.

Both Yoongi and I look up to one another at the sudden movement. I am quick to push away his shirt and reveal the connection between his neck and shoulder. Only to see a Yitsi mark.

"Fuck," I growl out angry, ready to rip something apart.

"I don't think this will work on that," Yoongi mutters as he puts away the bowl.

"I need to bring him to my pack," I say, knowing our pack doctor will be able to fix it.

"Think this through, Jeongguk. The Yitsi will always know where his marked prey is. Are you willing to be selfless and lead her to your little pack?" Yoongi asks, voice laced with poison.

"Oh, believe me. It's absolutely not selfless. It might cost me my soon-to-gain title," I growl at him as I lift my mate from the table.

"You're just going to let him take Tae?" Yewon mixes in. She stayed quiet this whole time as she had never actually been in a conversation with a wolf who knows she's a werewolf hunter.

"Try and stop me. I promise you you'll need a lot more than a few iron arrows," I tell her as I'm ready to leave with my lovely Taehyung. But something stops me.

"I know how to heal him."

We all look up to see Taehyung's parents. His mother still wears her nightgown, his father wears jeans with a pajama shirt. They just woke up, that much is clear. The healing part, a little less.