XXVII

POV KIM TAEHYUNG

    Trust has always been an issue for me. Even before I met Seo-ah. The only people I trust are my parents, as they will never turn against me.

    My history with friends isn't all too well and I can 100% without a doubt say that Yoongi and Namjoon are my first real friends.

    So why I trust Jeongguk so extensively, is a big puzzle to me.

    "It has to be some stupid joke! Why would they try to keep the sheriff out of this when Jimin is literally kidnapped?!"

    The tensed air, the mysterious and lovely feelings Jeongguk always knew to leave me with, and my overbearing thoughts sheltered me from the fact Namjoon was still here, freaking out.

    "I don't know, Joon. I think we should just trust Jeongguk and Hoseok on this o-," he didn't let me finish.

    "Trust those two? You might be all lovey-dovey with Jeongguk now but to me, they're still the same Jeon Jeongguk and Jung Hoseok I've always known. Two students you don't just trust," Namjoon had his mind clouded just as badly as I had, just foggy with concern and despair. He wants his boyfriend back and to be safe. I completely understand that.

    "Jimin is Hoseok's little brother and Jeongguk's best friend... Don't you think they would go through hell for him? If you don't trust them to be good people, trust them to be a reasonable brother and good friend... Okay?" I say as I grab his shoulders.

    Normally, I'd be on Namjoon's side. But my gut is telling me that I should trust the two.

    "If we don't hear from them in an hour, I'm calling the sheriff," Namjoon says. "If it's not too late by then..."

    I frowned as I watched him saunter toward his couch and let himself fall onto it. I sigh and wanted to go and sit next to him but I heard a knock on the front door.

    "That must be Jeongguk! They probably found Jimin," I exclaim and rush towards the front door again. That was quick.

    "Jeongguk?" I asked before opening the door, Jeongguk told me to make sure it was them before opening the door.

    "Yes, Darling. Let me in," his voice sounds. But something is strange. He usually calls me by my name, especially in moments like this. Moments where he wants me to be sure he's really Jeongguk.

    "Wait a second... Jimin needs to grab his key," I say, an uncomfortable wave of suspiciousness settling in my stomach.

    "Well... Tell Jimin to be fast, it's raining outside, my dear."

    I gulp as I slowly back away from the door. Namjoon walks up to me when he notices the lack of welcoming people and the overload of fear.

    "What's wrong? Open the door for them," he says as he walks past me. I grab his arm and I pull him back.

    "Whoever he is... He is not Jeongguk..."

POV JEON JEONGGUK

    If it wasn't for Jimin, I would have turned around to go home already.

    "You're not listening!"

    "I have learned from experience that your kind has no words to share that is worth listening to."

    "You arrogant piece of sh*t."

    "It's not healthy having such anger issues... You should go see someone."

    "I could kill you right here right now," Hoseok growls dangerously low as his claws snap out and his eyes shine a firey orange. Yoongi smirks as he stands as close to Hoseok as possible.

    "Go ahead, prove my words to be right," he says.

    "Guys! Kill each other after we found Jimin, okay?" I ask, gaining both males' attention.

    I let my fingertips graze the footprint in the dirt, sniffing them afterward. It wasn't a normal footprint. The creature who walked here is mutated to a point where nothing human is left in him. Or her.

    "The scent of magic is... sickening," Hoseok mumbles as he looks around.

    The nose of a beta is the best to detect dark magic. One of the reasons why Betas are taught how to handle magic, how to break it down. They learn how to weaken magic and make sure the path it follows falters. But to practice the wonders, we will never be able to.

    "It's a Yitsi," Yoongi says as he crouches down next to me. His eyes show concern, a glitter of despair. He has encountered this beast before.

    "I thought they didn't exist anymore?" Hoseok asks, suddenly the air between the two changes and they quit fighting.

    I don't say a thing, trying to suppress the flashback rushing through my mind. Yitsis are awfully dangerous.

    They're all females. How they become what they are is still not confirmed. They seem to be human females but very much mutated, while some claim they're a whole different species. They can reproduce without male seed which is impossible for human females.

    "How are we going to find her? Only an Omega can track the scent of a Yitsi," Hoseok asks.

    "Every Yitsi obeys one man's command. If we find out who this man is, we can find them," Yoongi says.

    I shake my head. "We will never find out. Let's start with finding out why they took Jimin. Maybe we can find a way to bait her to take one of us?" I suggest.

    "You want one of us to sacrifice ourselves?" Yoongi asks with a sound of disbelief.

    "I'll do it," Hoseok says without a doubt.

    "Absolutely not. You're not thinking straight! This monster will rip you apart in the blink of an eye, you stand no chance against her," Yoongi says almost as quickly as Hoseok. As if he knew Hoseok would offer himself.

    "Wouldn't you have done it for your brother?" Hoseok asks.

    Feeling the air tense again, I decided to separate them for a bit.

    "Hoseok, can you think of any reason why anyone would want to kidnap Jimin? Yoongi, do you have any more information on this Yitsi?" I ask.

    "The only thing I can come up with is that he means something to us and that many will go to great lengths to weaken you, the heir to the Bangtan pack," Hoseok mumbles.

    "Well... If that's the case, I hope you brought Taehyung somewhere safe. The moment this man finds out he's your mate, hell be in incredible danger," Yoongi says.

    "How do you know?" I ask and look at Hoseok.

    "I found out myself. It wasn't that hard. So guess how easy it'll be for your real enemies?" Yoongi says.

    "Shit..." I breathe out and right that moment I hear my wolf.

    "Our mate!"

    "We have to go to Taehyung," I say, and without a second word or thought, I turn into my wolf. It takes me only two seconds to fully shift as I'm a trained fighter in both my normal and wolf form. Certain skills a pack Alpha must master.

    Faster than I've ever run, I make my way to Namjoon's house, hoping I'm not too late.

    An overwhelming fear strikes my body. How could I have been so reckless? I should have known better than to leave Taehyung alone... but bringing him with me would have been a much worse idea.

    I'd do absolutely everything to have Taehyung safe and sound with me.

Haven't updated in a month... School started again and of course a whole lot of bullsh*t and problems follow as well. I don't know how fast I can update again but I'll try my best...