VII

KIM TAEHYUNG

    It's Monday, another day of school. I felt excited to go, yet I also really didn't want to. I'm exhausted from yet another sleepless night.

    Sighing deeply, I get up from my bed and get some clothes before going to the bathroom. I take a cold wet cloth and rub my face with it. I don't have to shower as I did so last night. Hoping it will help me when I wash myself with cold water. I suffer the torment, and of course, it doesn't help in the end.

    "It was worth the try... was it?" I get into my fresh clothes and brush my teeth before going downstairs. My father is already at work and my mother is probably still sleeping, which she deserves. I try my best to be as quiet as possible, putting on my black boots downstairs. I quickly make myself some lunch and put it in my bag before getting out of the house.

    I look up when I feel something cold fall on my head, the drop of water slowly rolling through my hair and spreading across my skin. It's raining. I love rain, but I'd rather not get soaked before going somewhere. Why can't it rain on the way back home?

    "Come, Troubles! You can drive with me," a loud voice from across the street says and I smile when I recognize it to be Yoongi. I run his way and gasp when I'm close enough to see the big purple and red spot around his eye.

    "What happened?" I ask startled as I get inside the car. I immediately reach over to grab his face and he lets me until I get too close to the wound.

    "I got in a fight, don't worry," he says and a smirk makes its way onto his face, "I won."

    I didn't know whether to laugh or get more worried. I didn't get to see him yesterday. After he left with his family Saturday night, he didn't come back until last night.

    I look down at his arm, which is covered with a long sleeve. Down at his wrist, I see it's pushed up a bit and a red stripe makes me frown. I carefully pull his sleeve more up and see a big cut. I gasp again as he quickly pulls down his sleeve and looks at me.

    "Did he stab you or something?" I ask shocked and see the angry look in Yoongi's eyes fade away as he just nods and sighs deeply.

    "It wasn't necessarily a fair fight..." he mumbles and looks at the road again as he has to park his car.

    I was shocked to see him like this. He has always had this unbothered posture, but the cut I saw was big and it looked deep. I was so worried I might have hurt him when I pulled up his sleeve but he didn't seem to care. How can you be so chill when you have these wounds? It also makes me wonder if he has more.

    I get out as Yoongi also does so and feel his arm around my shoulder, the one with the cut.

    "Sorry I wasn't there yesterday, I had to be somewhere," he says. I look at him and gulp.

    "It's okay. Where were you even? I saw you leave Saturday night," I ask curiously and see the look in his eyes change for a moment, a flash of pain going through his eyes.

    "I had a funeral," he says and looks away for a moment before looking at me again. I felt bad for asking...

    "I'm sorry to hear that, Yoon. My condolence..." I say and see him smile small toward me. "It's okay, Troubles."

    When the bell rings I get pulled out of our stare and look at the big clock in the hallway. It's already time to go to class, the first one being Economics again. I sigh annoyed as we walk toward our class, Yoongi laughing at my misery.

    I look at Yoongi, who's still laughing a bit before I quickly sit in my seat next to Taeyong.

    "Hey, Tae," Taeyong smiles, his blue eye has almost disappeared as he smiles at me. He is so happy all the time.

    "Hey, Tae," I giggle and he chuckles back before asking me if I understood the pages we needed to make at home. I nod, smiling proudly. Yesterday, I spend the entire day trying to understand the topic we're working on and once I got it, it didn't leave my mind anymore. But seeing Taeyong's helpless facial expression, I knew he didn't think the same as I did. Which is weird as he seems to be really good at this subject.

    "Please help me out, I can't wrap my head around it," he begs and I giggle as I nod and move a bit closer to be able to help him. He smiles, thanking me, and listens to me as I try to explain the topic.

    After I'm done and Taeyong tries to do it himself, I look up to the window. The school's building has a big open spot in the middle and you can look through another window across this open spot to see other classes. When I do so, I spot Jeongguk. He sits there, eyes towards me already.

    I gulp as I felt a little uncomfortable with the fact he was already staring at me and without really thinking it through, I move a bit away from Taeyong.

    A small smile adores his face as he lifts his hand to wave briefly at me. I blush lightly as I wave back and then the door opens and the teacher barges in. I flinch in my seat, looking up to see the man move towards his desk, throwing apologies around for being so late.

    When I look back, Jeongguk was already looking away, to his front. There a girl is standing, playing with her hair as she slowly sits down on top of Jeongguk's desk. Jeongguk grins at her and places his hand on her knee. This is the moment I look away.

    "He just wants to get inside your pants, you know that?" Yoongi's words swirl through my head. I don't know why I feel disappointed seeing him with that girl now, I was warned before.

    I guess the way he'd stare at me just made me feel... special. Oh my ghost, I sound like a lunatic. As I stated before, I don't even know Jeongguk. And he doesn't know me!

    I try to focus on the teacher, getting through the first class without any problems.

    "Great, our first test?! Already? Who does she think we are?" Taeyong cries out as we walk out of class.

    "You're like the best of our class, what are you talking about?" Yoongi grumbles. I nod in agreement and sigh.

    "I don't want to fail my first test," I say in a whiny way, immediately hating the fact I couldn't keep it in. The others seem to think the same though.

    As we walk through the hallway toward the other side of the building, I feel Yoongi wrap his arm around my shoulder like he always does. I sigh in contentment and look at him before looking forward again, locking eyes with Jeongguk as he walks by. I gulp and quickly look away again as we make our way toward Math.

    Will I ever be able to look into his eyes without feeling all these sickening feelings?

Sorry for the late and SHORT update, these few weeks have been emotional rollercoasters decorated with so much work... I'll update again Sunday.