I

KIM TAEHYUNG

    A warm glow on my face causes me to wake up from my deep slumber. A soft yawn leaves my mouth, turning into an unsatisfied groan as my limbs hold the warm blanket against me even tighter. I was still exhausted, nightmares keeping me awake most of the night. But a bright light prickling in my eyes keeps me from going back to sleep.

    I sigh when I see my curtains are still open. The sun welcomed me through the window and made it impossible for me to go back to sleep. But as soon as I realized that the sun already shining meant I'm too late, all sleep leaves my system and my body starts moving even before I can really comprehend what just happened.

    Never have I ever run this quick. Towards my bags from which I fish brown pants and a white shirt, a pair of socks, and a new pair of boxers. I rush into the bathroom and start dressing as I brush my teeth. I decide not to eat but to quickly grab some fruits for lunch and run off to my new school.

    Luckily, we visited the school before we moved here, and was I able to remember the way toward the big old building. When I finally arrive I see no one, indicating that all students are probably in class and I am way too late. I rush into the building and take a look around me.

    "How am I ever gonna find my way around here?" I murmur to myself, not expecting a response.

    "Tell me where you need to go and I'll tell you." With my heart hiding in my stomach, half in shock, I turn around to see a small counter with behind it a woman typing something on her computer.

    Only after a solid minute, I'm cooled down from the scare and I tell her I need to go to the principal's office. She tells me the way and after thanking her I rush off, only hearing her yell after me that I'm not allowed to run in the hallways. So I can run in the classrooms?

    When I arrive at the small room, I run in, not wanting to make a bad impression with how late I am. But the old man's shocked face makes me realize I didn't even knock on the door.

    "I-I'm so s-sorry! I'll go back outside," I panic, feeling how I turn all red. I'm ready to go back outside but a warm chuckle stops me.

    "You must be Kim Taehyung? Welcome to Wolfenden college. Please take a seat," he says. I turn around and carefully examine the man's facial expression to see if he's mad or not. But there is nothing but a warm smile adorning his face. Well of course also eyes and a nose and stuff—

    I do as he told me to and sit down on the chair in front of his desk.

    "I'm really sorry I'm so late and just barged in. I forgot to set an alarm and panicked because I don't want to be late on my first day," I explain and hear him chuckle again. It's not funny...

    "Your first class starts in twenty minutes, Taehyung. Don't worry. I'm just glad you want to show some effort as many of my students don't even think about doing so," he smiles. I had to keep myself from laughing at the poor man, just turning a darker shade of red instead.

    "There is not much to tell you about our lovely school. It'll turn 101 years old this year and there are over 250 students here. Not that much, I know, but we try to help each one of them get their certificates."

    The man gives off very nice vibes. As if listening to a sweet grandfather talking about his grandchildren.

    He reaches me my schedule, a piece of paper, and a map. Telling me that the schedule will inform me when I have which classes and on the piece of paper are two numbers, one being my code to the locker and the other helping me identify which locker is mine. 131295, easy to remember.