XXIX

POV TAEHYUNG

    "I already tried that."

    I sigh as I let go of the window and turn to Jimin. He's looking at me with a worried frown, desperately trying to hide his exhausted state.

    "We've got to try something," I tell him as I go on to look for an object to either break the glass or open the door.

    "Taehyung, please sit down," his voice is small and on the verge of breaking. I turn to him once again and see the tears in his eyes.

    "What happened to you, Jimin?" I ask softly as I sit next to him.

    "It's not important, what is, is you being here. I'm so sorry we got you in this mess," Jimin let out a tear as he looked at me with a guilty gaze.

    "We?" I ask.

    "I know Monseok told you about us, Jeongguk and Hobi," Jimin says.

    Monseok words had faded into the background, me not wanting to believe them. But when Jimin tells me this, it all comes rushing back.

    "Is it true?" I asked quietly after a long pause.

    Why am I asking this? Of course, it's not true...

    "Taehyung." I look up and my eyes widen.

    His chocolate-brown eyes turned into a bright blue. A glow I've seen before with Jeongguk, just a different color.

    "H-How do you do that?" I ask as I get off the bed and back away from him. He can't be a werewolf. Werewolves do not exist.

    "I'm a werewolf, Taehyung. Monseok didn't lie," Jimin says with a frown. He separates his lips to show me four teeth growing longer than the others. Two up and two at the bottom.

    "Jimin..." I heard the fear in my voice, I heard the desperate beg for him to stop doing this and assure me he wouldn't hurt me.

    "I know what you must think, Taehyung. But please believe me that the last thing I'd do is put you in danger or harm you!" Jimin's eyes fade back into his natural brown color and his teeth are the same as before again.

    "I promise, even if I wanted to, Jeongguk would shred me to pieces."

    For a moment my world stood still. Jeongguk is a werewolf as well. I've been with a werewolf, I've kissed him.

    Namjoon and I laughed about the possibility of them being werewolves but now knowing for sure they exist, I felt my belly ache and my head spinning.

    "Jeongguk... He is..." I didn't look at Jimin because I didn't want to see what he was thinking.

    "He is, he always has been. It doesn't change who he is," Jimin obviously tries to comfort me and save his friend.

    I say nothing, just nod. I couldn't help but feel afraid and just a little betrayed. I know Jimin wouldn't hurt me. Neither would Jeongguk. But just the thought of someone, something, so strong and dangerous in the same room as me... It scares me.

    I don't get why Jeongguk hasn't told me. We have been doing this dance for so long. We have spent so much time together. He made me so attached to him. How could he keep such a big secret from me?

    "Tae-" The door opens and interrupts Jimin, thankfully.

    "I see you two have talked," Monseok chuckles as he looks from Jimin to me, highlighting the big distance between us.

    "Alright, what we're going to do is simple. I ask the question, you answer the question. Okay? Okay."

    "I'm not telling you anything," Jimin spits out, eyes glowing blue for just a small moment before he coughs and his posture changes into a weak and vulnerable one.