XXXV

KIM TAEHYUNG

   I didn't expect this.

   I didn't expect to enter a small village surrounded by nature. It's like houses were placed between the trees of the forest, finding shelter from both unwanted eyes and poor weather.

   From the sides of the stone and wooden walls, vines make their way up reaching the roofs.

   There are around 40 cabins, a few market stalls, a big camp with tents and one noticeably bigger house. Everywhere walk either people or wolves, but I know too that they are all werewolves.

   When we arrived, I heard a wolf howl, a few joining. That's when the people came out of their houses or left their little bakery. Youngsters, adults, elderly. They come in every size and age.

   One thing I noticed immediately, was the welcoming smiles on their faces. The happy children welcome their soon-to-be Alpha.

   On the way to Jeongguk's pack, he told me a little about what he would have to do. He explained to me what it means to be a pack Alpha.

   He described his work and his tasks. How he will be both a protector and a leader of these people. Like a King, but much more honorable if you ask me.

   I was fascinated by his words.

   "Will they accept me? I'm human, right?" I asked him. He just smiled as he took my hand in his.

   "They will love you. After all, you're my mate. You will be their Luna."

   Last time I checked, Luna was a female's name. It made me look at Jeongguk with a look that informed him how confused I was. He just laughed.

   "Luna is a title. Like The Alpha, you've got The Luna. You play a more caring role. While I have to be harsh and stern, you can be loving and warm. I guess it suits you as well," Jeongguk chuckled.

   I didn't know what to say. Surely, I was the one to push this entire thing into motion, me moving to live with Jeongguk, I just didn't imagine being handed such an important role. I still have trouble believing I'm capable of actually fulfilling it.

   We talked about school as well. Neither of us graduated yet from our current studies and while Jeongguk is definitely quitting, he told me I was free to finish it.

   Now, I don't like my studies. And let's be honest, I won't need them when I live here with Jeongguk as a so-called pack Luna. But quitting when there are only a few months left feels wrong.

   Not to forget about Namjoon, Yoongi, and Taeyong.

   Now that I think about it, I haven't heard of Namjoon in a long time. Since my abduction, actually.

   I wanted to ask Jeongguk about it, but I guess I should wait till we're out of the crowd.

   "Welcome back, Alpha Jeon!" a young boy cheers as he jumps around us. Then he sees me and he stops. "Who are you?"

   More gazes find me and the same question lingers in everyone's eyes.

   "Everyone, meet Kim Taehyung," Jeongguk introduces me and wraps an arm around my waist. "My mate."

   Loud chatter erupts, many smiles, and soon a few of the youngsters are clinging to my legs to hug me.

   "More information about him and his purpose here will be given once we have it," Jeongguk chuckles as he drags me out of the nosy crowd towards the bigger house of the pack.

   "I told you they'd like you," Jeongguk whispers in my ear and I couldn't help but smile.

   When they all came so close and a wave of questions pulled me under, I felt a little uneasy... well, that's an understatement. How glad I was for Jeongguk to get me out of there.