XXV

POV KIM TAEHYUNG

    I didn't dare to move. Her petite frame lays on top of me, her soft snores fill my ears. Sounds I used to find so cute, a body I found so beautiful.

    I close my eyes. I can't look at her face. I can't face her. I can't exchange another word. Not after what I just witnessed, what I just saw in her.

    She's my nightmare, looking like a beautiful dream.

    Again, I couldn't move.

    I lay there, frozen in his arm. But this time it's different. The way his chest moves up and down calms me. With his hand on my waist, I felt safer than ever.

    I couldn't sleep anymore. It's 5 AM and I'm wide awake. Flashbacks of yesterday keep me from finding peace. Tears prickle my eyes as I felt so bad. About multiple things.

    The fact I let Jeongguk down. At least it felt that way... I didn't even explain to him what happened. I kissed him, initiated whatever we were going to do, and then without a warning, I break like that.

    And then the fact that I want whatever we did so badly. I want to feel so close to Jeongguk, I want him to hold me like yesterday. I just can't get her out of my head.

    I look over my shoulder and see him there. He's sleeping. I just now see the bags under his eyes, he probably doesn't get enough sleep.

    Even when he's out, I feel safe in his arms. As if he'd still be able to protect me if ten men broke in right now. But that's crazy of course.

    I look back when I see my phone light up. Who could text me at this hour? I grab the phone to see it's Namjoon.

    "Tae, you awake? Something happened. Jimin is gone!" his message said. I immediately sit up in reaction and how badly I wished Jeongguk didn't notice, he seems to be wide awake the moment I move.

    "Are you okay?" he asks. I gulp and nod before I show him my phone. He narrows his eyes at the brightness but when he reads the text his eyes widen again.

    "I have to go," he says and gets off the bed in a quick motion.

    "Let me come help find him," I say, and want to get out as well but he stops me.

    "It's still really early. Try to catch some more sleep okay? I'll visit you when I found him," he says, making me frown as I receive a sweet peck on my lips.

    "I can't sleep anymore, anyway. I can go to Namjoon, he seems pretty upset," I mumble and stand up. I see Jeongguk take a deep breath, looking at me as if he wants to stop me but he knows he can't. And if I'm right, he has to explain to me why.

    "Fine... I'll bring you there," he says and so our night and morning took many unexpected turns.

    He's being pretty protecting over me, asking me if I'm fine first thing when he wakes up, insisting on bringing me to Namjoon instead of letting me go alone. Yet I somehow feel him being a bit distant and snappy. Why wouldn't he want me to come? Is it because of last night? Or am I overthinking again? After all, his friend is missing. He has a reason to be a bit out of place. 

    "Jeongguk?" my voice was much softer than normal, throat shut by nerves. He glanced over at me from the road as he hums.

    "I-I'm sorry about l-last night," I couldn't help but stutter as I look out of my window. I can't face him.

    "It's okay, Taehyung. Don't apologize... if you feel comfortable enough, can you tell me what happened? You don't have to do so right now," he says as he grabs my hand. I felt a weight fall if my shoulders.

    Maybe I should tell him. Give him a heads-up about what he's getting into.

    "I-I will," I mumble and look at him. He smiles softly at me as we arrive at Namjoon's house.

    We get out and I already see Namjoon standing as his front door is opened.

    "What happened?" Jeongguk asks and just then Hoseok arrives as well. He looks like he's fuming and ready to throw some fists at Namjoon so I make Jeongguk aware and luckily he stops him.

    "Why was Jimin at your place in the first place, huh? Did you do something to him?" Hoseok asks angrily but mostly worriedly.

    "He forgot his jacket at my place when we were working on our Dutch project and his drunk brain thought now was the perfect moment to come collect it but that doesn't matter! What matters is..." Namjoon stops talking. His eyes show terror. As if thinking back about what he saw frightened him.

    I look at Jeongguk and Hoseok as I make my way to him to comfort him. They look at each other as if they know.

    "He was there and then... All I remember was a black flash and then Jimin's scream and then he was gone. He was gone! How? I don't know," Namjoon looked like he was on the verge of crying so I quickly engulf him in my arms and let him find comfort in a friend.

    "Fuck. Taehyung, Namjoon. Go back inside, lock your doors, and don't let anyone in. No one," Jeongguk says sternly. I wanted to ask him why and where he was going but the way he was looking at me made it hard to speak.

    "Where are you going? It's not safe!" I manage to exclaim when the other two turn around and walk towards their cars. Jeongguk stops walking so I rush my way to him.

    "We got to find him, Taehyung. We'll be fine," Jeongguk sighs as he turns to me. His eyes show me he doesn't want to explain any of this to me right now and I understand it's not the right timing.

    "If what Namjoon said is true and not something a drunk person would say, I don't believe you two will be fine, you can't just leave us here," I say. I felt tears prickle in my eyes at the thought of losing Jeongguk. I know it's selfish but I can't hide it.

    His hand finds my cheek, gently cupping it. His eyes soften and he gives me this comforting look only he can give me.

    "I promise you, I'll be fine. I'll come back as soon as possible." His eyes told me he was telling me the truth but how was I supposed to believe it?

    "Do you trust me?" he asks. I do. With my life.

    "I do..." I sighed.

    "Get back inside and wait for us, okay? Don't go outside until the sun's up," he says and softly pecks my lips. I nod.

    "Come back all safe," I say and he nods with a soft smile.

    "Of course."