XV

Double update?
Thank you guys for the comments, it's so fun and motivating to read them! Much love!

KIM TAEHYUNG

    He's in my house. I repeat. Jeon Jeongguk is in my house. And he brought pizza! I love pizza!

    Why is he here? Why isn't he at that party? I sort of blew him off and he came anyway! What is happening? I'm gonna faint this is not okay.

    "Are you okay? I'm sorry, I shouldn't have just come over," Jeongguk says a little awkwardly as he scratches his neck.

    "Why did you come anyway?" I ask curiously.

    "Well, you said you did still want to go on a date but you just couldn't leave and you have studies. So I thought, why not go there instead, show you I really want this, and I'm not gonna let you down again," Jeongguk mumbles. I smile at those words. It's actually really sweet.

    "Well... there is not much we can do here. But you're welcome to stay," I say a little shyly and see him smile back at me.

    We sit down around the table and get the pizzas. We share the two differently flavored pizzas and talk a little. Mostly about nothing important, but it's much better than an awkward silence.

    "What happened to your friend, by the way?" I ask and see him frown for a brief moment.

    "He... well..." he looks at me. "It's hard to explain, to be honest. Let's just say he ended up in a hospital."

    "Oh, my ghost... is he feeling better now?" I ask, feeling worried for the guy I've never even spoken to. He seems to be close to Jeongguk and he is obviously saddened by the pain of his friend.

    "He's doing much better. Luckily he's a B-... strong person. He'll be over it before we even know," Jeongguk says and gives me an assuring smile. I return the gesture as I lean back and lift my knees to place my feet on the chair as well. We're just finished eating and I'm feeling really full.

    "Thank you, for the pizza. It was delicious," I say and grin as he gives me a happy look back. He is cute...

    "I'm glad you liked it! I didn't know what to get you. I'd normally take you to a place a little bit fancier than just getting you pizza... but well"

    "You don't have to! I liked it. I love pizza," I giggle and see him smile more.

    "You want something to drink?" I ask and he nods. I get us a glass of the drink we choose and go back to the living to see Jeongguk already sitting down on the couch as I instructed him to do.

     "So... did you get used to this place already or do you want to go back?" Jeongguk asks as I sit next to him and hand him his water.

    "Come back, Taehyungie. You know I didn't do it to hurt you. You just needed to get out of your shell some more. I'd never want to hurt someone as pretty as you are!"

    "I definitely don't want to go back," I blur out as I take a sip of my drink quickly after. The frown on his face tells me he wants to ask questions so I quickly go on.

    "Not really used to this place though. It's so... quiet here. And the internet service is bad. I mean, I don't mind any of those things, but I used to be surrounded by people all the time so it's a big change," I say. He chuckles and nods.

    "I could only imagine. I grew up in a village like this. I don't even know what that internet stuff you're talking about really means. I have heard of it, of course, but that's it," Jeongguk chuckles, making me widen my eyes.