XX

A chapter in Jeongguk's POV (;

Lemme know what you think of this story and this chapter, feedback is always welcome <3

JEON JEONGGUK

    Vociferous footsteps echo through the great hall whenever my heavy boots connect with the stone ground. People around me cower back. None of them dare to stand in my way as I walk straight to the one I had got to see.

    "Sir, I'm so-" I don't let him finish his sentence, hand launching forward to grab the man's throat. I lift his body off the ground, preventing his lunges from taking in another breath.

    "What were you thinking?" I ask, letting my eyes glow a deep dangerous red. "Disobeying orders."

    I watch him as his face change to a ghastly pale. Wide eyes beg me to let go, to let him live. His hand clamped onto mine, desperately clawing his way to survival yet careful not to anger me more.

    But I was already fuming. An anger consuming me and clouding my brain. I could kill him right here right now. But I shouldn't. 

    I let go of him, looking down at his squirming body. He's gasping loudly, taking in deep breaths as his hands loosely clutch his throat.

    "I told you not to come near him," I saw lowly. My boot finds his arm and pins it down to the ground. He scowls in pain as I bend down closer to him.

    "I'm sorry, sir! I didn't know you were there. His scent got me dazed," he cries out. He tries to save himself but his words only rage out my wolf more.

    If he didn't go there to attack Taehyung, he came there to do something else to him. We wolves are simple, destructive creatures, sometimes a little unstable. I know exactly what his intentions were.

    I take a deep breath as I look up, trying to keep my wolf in control. I ignore his pleas and step on his arm fully, hearing it break underneath my boots. I walk on, not caring to check on him.

    "Let this be a warning to anyone who dares to show themselves to Taehyung. No one comes near my mate unless I give you orders," I say loud and clear. No one dares to say anything.

    When I arrive at the big doors leading to the hallway, I turn around and see how two guards help the man I just confronted onto his feet.

    He's part of our army. We can't have someone this easily distracted between our warriors. It's dangerous.

    "Let the doctor treat you and meet up with Big for your punishment. You better bring your friends as well," I say. The man nods and bows quickly before doing as I told him.

    "Son." I turn to see my father standing in the doorway. I walk with him.

    "How are things going with this Taehyung?" he asks. His voice is sharp and tells me more than his actual words. He wants to know how things are going, showing interest in me, but right now, he's the pack Alpha. He's asking as the Alpha and I must provide him with information that is actually useful to him.

    "Good, I won't tell him about us," I say. I can feel his stare on me, burning holes through the side of my head. My decision does not please him. A mixture of confusion and slight disappointment fills the air.

    "We don't have much time, Jeongguk."

    I let out a sigh. I know I don't have much time left. Taehyung needs to know. But something about his innocence, how unknown he is about the dangers outside of his world, is so beautiful. I don't want him to lose that. To drag him into this dark rigid reality.