XXI

POV KIM TAEHYUNG

    "Hey, Tae!"

    Namjoon's beaming voice draws me out of this trance of awe. Eyes abandoning the hundreds of stacked books on the shelves and rolling his way to give him all my attention.

    "Sorry, I'm late! I ran into Jimin," Namjoon smiles and sighs a little after as his eyes quickly leave mine. Something is wrong.

    "Hey, Joon. It's okay. Is everything alright?" I ask him as I get up from my kneeling position and grab the books I picked from the ground.

    Namjoon and I decided to study together more often. We both have three new exams coming up, we decided to do so today. We agreed to meet up in the library at our school after our classes and because Namjoon was late, I had the time to go through the shelves and look for some good books.

    "No, yea, everything is fine. Just had some weird stuff going on lately. Nothing to worry about though," Namjoon laughs it off. However, the first thing I think of when I heard 'weird things' was Jeongguk and those wolves. His eyes flashing gold. The pull.

    I shake it off. I don't want to think about that right now. Or ever.

    "Ah... What happened?" I ask, hoping it'll distract me from my mind.

    Yea, it is weird. But Jeongguk and I are so... good. It's all so amazing between us two. Last weekend we went on that date and since then everything changed. And I like him so much!

    I'm still a bit distant, still a bit suspicious. He notices, for sure, but he respects my boundaries without having me tell him. He seems to notice when I feel uncomfortable or when the air around me gets a bit stuffy. He seems to notice when I miss him as well. As if he can read my mind.

    It makes me more certain we're meant to be.

    Thinking about him now makes me miss him already. Even though we saw each other before I went to the library. He asked me if I needed a ride home, earning a good glare from Yoongi who stepped forward saying I was going with him already.

    Yoongi and Jeongguk still hate each other and neither of them wants to tell me why.

    "Jimin acts a little strange these days. I'm worried he maybe doesn't want to be with me anymore... but Jimin would tell me if that was the case..." I frown upon hearing that. Jimin always looks at Namjoon with these longing heart eyes, thinking no one notices, of course. I'd say he wants to be around Namjoon every second of the day.

    "Are you sure, Joon? I mean, he's always watching you, drooling almost," I giggle and see him look at me with wide eyes.

    "Really?" he asks and I nod. But his smile falters and gets replaced with a confused frown.

    "Then I don't really know what it is. Also... you're with Jeongguk, right?" he asks me. I felt all my blood gather in my face from that question.

    "W-Well... not officially... but sort of, kinda, I think..." I honestly didn't know as we never spoke about it. But I'd never kiss a guy that wasn't my boyfriend. I do think of him in that way. It all happened so fast yet smoothly...

    "Oh come on, you try to tell me you're not Jeongguk's boyfriend? The entire school talks about you two being together! Also, Jeongguk never denies it. If you weren't his boyfriend, he'd rip off the heads of anyone who dares to publicly claim you are," Namjoon laughs as if it's the most normal thing to say.

    If it was possible, I got even hotter, lifting my hands to place them on my cheeks in an attempt to cool them down. I never knew other students were talking about us like that. But I guess it is true...