V

KIM TAEHYUNG

    "Are you sure you want to?" My mother's voice was dripping with worry. I know what she's thinking, what she's scared of. And to be honest, I felt a little afraid as well.

    But Yoongi would never hurt me or let anyone else do so. I don't know him for that long but I know this for sure.

    It was embarrassing in many ways, how I feel, what happened. Not very masculine. Although I never felt a strong connection with manhood. I always tended to be more feminine. Something I thought a lot of people would despise.

    Until she proved me wrong. She supported me in being feminine and told me how much she loved it.

    "I'm sure, mother," I smile and glance over at Yoongi who is looking at the road. His left elbow leans against the window, patiently waiting for me to finish my phone call.

    "Come on, dear. Just be happy he wants to go out again. If anything happens, you can call me and I'll come to get you immediately," I hear my father say and smile as I hear my mother sigh in defeat and wish me a fun night.

    "How old were you again?" Yoongi smirks. I blush as I tell him in 18.

    "It's cute how protective your parents are," he chuckles and I smile a little. It is really nice, but they were never like this. My mother would be so careless and I had so much freedom. They trusted I use that freedom well. And I did. But I had no control over what other people do with their freedom.

    "Yea... my mother got a bit too protective. My father trusts me more," I mumble and hear him hum.

    "I don't think it's you who they distrust," Yoongi says and I look at him a bit startled. He glanced over at me and frowns when he sees my shocked expression.

    "We're here," he says after some seconds as he parks his car. It's already dark outside, autumn doing its job well.

    I open the door and get out, taking in my surroundings. Neon light flashes before my eyes as we stand in front of the club. The drive here was at least half an hour, but it's still pretty early to go out, I think.

    "Come on, Troubles. We're first going to meet up with some others," Yoongi says. I nod and walk with him across the street, his arm around my shoulders like always. He leads me through the people into a small but cozy pub.

    I look around, admiring the interior. They used a lot of wood and earthly colors to create a warm welcoming ambiance. There are not many others in here, but those who are, are sitting around tables, talking and laughing. All big smiles on their faces.

    "Yoon!" a cheerful voice manages to yell over all the other sounds, drawing our attention. I follow Yoongi to a table with three others. 2 guys and 1 girl.

    "Ooh, Yoongi. I didn't know you've got a boyfriend!" the girl smiles and stands up to reach out her hand to me. "I'm Dohyun!"

    I felt a blush creep onto my face, eyes widening at her statement as I softly grab her hand to shake it.

    "He's not my boyfriend, Dohyun. This is Taehyung, the new student I told you guys about," Yoongi chuckles and turns to me.

    "Hey, Taehyung. I'm Jackson and this is Jaebeom," the guy on the left says as Dohyun sits back against Jaebeom and gets his arm wrapped around her waist. I guess that they're dating, they look cute together.

    I greet them back a bit awkwardly as Yoongi pushes me down in one of the chairs and sits next to me. They soon start chatting about everything and nothing while I'm just listening. I don't mind not talking, I actually prefer it.