XXXII

KIM TAEHYUNG

   The kiss became wild, a heat spread out from our lips and rushed through my entire body. The air around me was dense and droplets of sweat formed on my forehead.

   Something was off.

   Then he rips away from me. His hands held a tight grip on my arms and his head hung low, not allowing me to see his face.

   "Jeongguk?" My voice was not louder than a whisper as worry took over. Did something happen to him?

   Then he looks up, slowly. His eyes are bright red and expressionless. His face gave away no hint of what he was thinking.

   To make things worse, the mark on my shoulder starts to burn, causing me to cry out and grab it.

   "Jeongguk, what is going on?" I ask him but he's still not replying. He just stands there and looks at me through red gazers. "Jeongguk?"

   He smiled then, his teeth coming to sight. I felt my heart skip a beat or two as his hand came up and his claw wrapped around my throat.

   "Are you sure, Taehyung? Could you love a monster like me?" Jeongguk growls lowly, baring his teeth at me. Like a beast.

   I didn't say anything. I couldn't speak. Fear ran through me as he held my throat tighter and tighter, his sharp nails cutting through my skin.

   He chuckled. "What a shame." and then he dives in, going for the kill.

   I gasp as I sit up in bed.

   It was just a dream. It was just a nightmare.

   I take some deep breaths as I keep myself from reaching for the mark the Yitsi had placed on me. It stings and burns but I know it'll be worse when I touch it.

   I've been having these dreams for days now. And they feel so real. In reality, I haven't seen Jeongguk in a while. He's barely at school and when he is there, we miss each other.

   He's avoiding me, I think. But I can't say for sure.

   All I know is that it has me crying in bed, trying to fall asleep only to wake up in the middle of the night because of a nightmare. And every dream is different. Sometimes there is no sweet moment between him and me and he immediately attacks me. Other times the moment between us is rather spicy.

   It's been two weeks since the kidnapping and me finding out about werewolves. I miss Jeongguk. I miss him so much, but my dreams had sparked up a fear for him as well.

   I want to be with him but I'm afraid he doesn't want to be with me. I'm afraid his animalistic side will hurt me.

   I hate not knowing.

   I was crying again. It was hard to ignore the aching in my heart. The questions of why he hasn't reached out to me yet flow through my mind. He acts as if we don't know each other.

   Why?

   I look at my phone to see it is 5 am. It's a Sunday, of course. I wish I could sleep more, but I can't. So I sit up and decide to go for a small walk through the forest. Not going too deep into the dark now that I know we've got wolves jumping around...

   I get myself into some warm clothes and quietly make my way down the stairs and out the door. I was just in time to witness Yoongi's car parking in front of his house and he and his father get out.

   "Are you sure, son? I got the news that they're moving," I heard his father say.

   "I am, father. That pack has been living somewhere around this village for years now. And I recently found they've got a reason to stay," Yoongi says. His voice is different, more stern, and more formal. His eyes show no mercy although I hear doubt in his voice. He doesn't want to tell his father this news.