VIII

KIM TAEHYUNG

    I take a deep breath as I look around. "Go downstairs, to the left, and then turn right," I remembered Yoongi telling me.

    One of our classes was canceled, giving me a full hour to study economics. Yoongi got to attend a Korean class, this way he doesn't have to attend his class Friday.

    This meant I'll be alone for the next hour. I decided to go to the library in the school to spend that time there. But I've never been there before so I have no idea how to get there.

    With Yoongi's directions swirling through my mind I find the library and sigh out relieved. I'd cry if everyone would see me just wandering around all lost.

    I noticed how 'scared' I felt now that Yoongi isn't with me. How nervous I felt with all these students around me.

    I quickly go into the library, hiding from the stares, and look around a bit amazed. It looks really pretty in here.

    The bookshelves are all made of old dark wood, hundreds of books decorate the walls and shelves standing in the room to create little paths. It's like a paradise here.

    Sadly, I can't get lost in the books. First of all, I'd probably lose track of time and miss classes, or worse, get in class too late... Second, I have an economics test coming up and need to study for it. I'll take any given moment to do so as this topic is a pain in my ass.

    I sit around a table in the back and lay down my books to open them. Soon I'm lost in concentration, eyes scrolling down the words and brain working hard to remember all these terms. And I haven't even studied the formulas coming up with this topic yet.

    "Economics? I didn't think you'd be interested in this subject," a voice next to me sounds and a warm large hand places itself on my thigh, softly squeezing the flesh.

    I look up from my work immediately, startled by the sudden voice and touch. I look right back into his dark brown eyes and felt my mouth getting dry.

    "I-It's not that interesting. B-But n-necessary for my education," I say, mentally slapping myself for stuttering. Pull yourself together, Tae. He's not interested in you so you shouldn't be in him.

    "Hmm... sounds like hell," Jeongguk chuckles and sits back in his chair, hand never leaving my thigh.

    "Just like dating Yoongi would," he suddenly said, gaining all my attention. He leans a bit closer to me, "why'd you date someone like him?"

    My eyes widen at his words and I'm pretty sure I transformed into a tomato at how much heat went up to my cheeks.

    "I'm not dating him!" I exclaim, dodging some glares coming from other students who want to study in peace.

    Why did Jeongguk think I am dating Yoongi??

    "Looks like it. He always got his arm around you and never leaves you alone. Wonder where he is now," Jeongguk grumbles, tongue poking the inside of his cheek as his eyebrows sink into an annoying frown. I gulp.

    "He's my friend. Nothing more. Why do you even care?" I ask, blurring it out before I could even think it through. His eyes meet mine again, but I look away quickly, feeling my blush intensify.

    "Why do you think?" Jeongguk asks and softly squeezes my thigh again. Wait... he actually cares? I couldn't help but feel my heart beat a bit faster at that thought. But then I remembered Yoongi's words. He only wants to get into my pants...

    Jeongguk grabs my book and looks at it, having me just stare his way, waiting to see what comes next.

    "Ah... don't worry. This is quite an easy test," he hums and lays the book down. I frown confused and hear him laugh softly.

    "I graduated for this already," he shrugs and grins at me. So he knows this is hell...

    "How old are you even?" I ask, not believing he actually finished this education and is now doing another one.

    "22. I did the shorter version of 1 year when I was 18," he explains and I narrow my eyes as I look at him. He doesn't look that smart, to be honest... I guess it's true when they say to never judge a book by its cover.

    "Jeongguk?" I ask when he started reading the pages of my economics book, right hand still laying on my thigh and making me wonder when I'll finally get it off me. Truth is, I don't want it to get off me.

    "Thanks for bringing me outside and staying with me Friday night," I say softly when Jeongguk hums at me to continue. He looks at me and smiles slightly.

    "Don't thank me, Taehyung. I did what every man should do when they were in my place," he says and again gives my thigh a soft squeeze.

    I blush remembering where his place was that night. Behind me, with his hands on my hips. Pressing my body flush to his as the music carries us away.

    "How are you? I mean, it sucks that the drugs ruined our little moment, but I'm more worried about you," Jeongguk says so casually. It makes my head spin. When he says things like this it makes me feel like he cares for me. Holding my thigh, asking me how I am, saying we had a 'moment'. But then the picture of him holding that girl's knee comes forwards. Maybe that's just his move?

    I softly grab his hand to remove it from my thigh, not expecting him to intertwine our fingers and stand up when I do so.

    He stand so close to me, I could feel his breath on my forehead. I don't look up to him, staying like this for a bit. I didn't want to let go of his hand, but I should.

    "I-I'm okay. B-But I got to g-go," I stutter, feeling his breath hitch against my skin when I look up. His eyes hold a spark of emotion I have never seen on someone when they look at me. It makes me want to look into his mesmerizing eyes forever.

    And then again, this golden glow flashed through his eyes so quickly I don't know if it was really there. Leaving me breathless as I back away. That's not possible.

    He seemed to notice my distress as he frowns and steps toward me. He holds my hands to stop me from moving further away.

    "What's wrong, Taehyung?" he asks worried and it makes me calm down a bit. I gulp and shake my head. It was probably the lighting.

    "Nothing," I say quickly and look at my watch, "I got to go... B-Bye." I let go of his hands and grab my books to quickly go away after.

    I rush to the nearest bathroom and get into a stall. I let my books fall on the ground and I press my hand to my chest where my heart is placed in an attempt to calm it down.

    My head is spinning with all kinds of thoughts, body shaking with all kinds of feelings.

    The way he held my hand and looked at me has me weak in my knees. But then that flash in his eyes. It must have been the lighting around me but it looked so inhuman. And the way I felt my entire body being pulled his way after that. It scared me. It made me panic.

    For a moment I felt like I had no control over my body. It reacted on its own when Jeongguk looked at me like that.

    I felt something wet on my cheeks and wipe away my tears. I wanted to stop them but I couldn't. I close my eyes, trying to stop it but my feelings overwhelmed me. And then I realized. I was afraid.

    Because having no control over my own body would be my biggest nightmare. One I lived through and wish to never return to.