A dungeon or a laboratory?

3rd POV:

The heroes had to actually take a small break and discuss what they just found. It was not something they could take lightly after the fight they had for their lives. Everyone who saw that creature knew that this was not a childsplay. No one knew what was down there or what was awaiting them. One thing was however clear and that was that they had to investigate it. No matter how much they all wanted to seal this place shut, they couldn't do that. The gap in the ground was way too deep for this. 

Hawks: I went down I think 16 stories and I still couldn't see the bottom of it.

Kamui Wood: No wonder we dropped something and couldn't hear the echo as well.

Miruko: What even is this place?

This was the question everyone was askling themselves but no one knew what it was until a certain small creature came into the tent with a lot of papers in his hands. There were small teams that had started to work themselves down into the deepest part of this underground system but no one could see much of anything besides empty rooms, some deceased children and people and even skeletons. There was even a room that they had discovered that was filled with intestance and organs in jars. It was not a great sight and it was even a sight that had broken every hero and made them throw up at the sight in front of them. 

Nezu: I may have the solution for that.

The chimera got into the room and threw everything he was carrying in his tiny paws to the ground before spreading it on the ground and pointing at the papers.

Nezu: What we have before us is a laboratory.

Endeavor: A laboratory?

Nezu: Indeed.

Gang Orca: You mean they did illegal experimence or developed something?

Nezu: I fear both. The creatures that came out are the product of this place. 

Vlad King: Why do I think you know more than this?

Mt. Lady: Because he probably does....

Nezu: Indeed I do. Thanks to Hawks we have found a room filled with documents about the first 25 floors.

Midnight: Wait... first 25 floors? How deep is that place going down? The ceilings are ridiculously high as well!

Nezu: In total there should be 101 floors.

The room fell silent as they heard the number. It was an insane number and a place that shouldn't be able to exist and yet here it was. Created by human hands and no one knew how long it was standing there for unknown and hidden from everyone. The thought alone send shivers down the heroes spines.

Ryukyu: I hate to be the one asking but what did they do there?

Nezu: Quite a variety of things. It was a place where they had researched quirks at the beginning of its appeariance but it seems as if they did some very grusome experiments to find out the cause of it. There are documents about virouses produced. The most important aspect is this one however. It is a very old paper as you all can see but the content is quite intruiging as they intended to create a beast like super soldier. I assume that the creature we all encountered is one of the products they had produced in the attempt to do this project.

Mic: That's horrible!

Best Jeanist: How is that thing created?

Everyone in the room knew the answer but as long as it was not said out loud, no one wanted to have it true. There was only a couple of sources and one of them was simply human sources. They had already found childrens bodies, abused and in a very poor state as well. There were also a lot of adults chained to a wall at the third floor. The deeper they went down the more gruesome and grotest the bodies of the victims got.

Nezu: We might encounter survivers. The chances are below 3%. However as I see it right now, there are chances that the deeper floors still have inmates and victims of this place.

Something no one expected the rat to say. It was impossible to survive a place like that but if there was even the slightest chance then they had to be fast and rescue this soul. Everyone knew that the chances were bad and they had seen their own fair of share of terror down there as well... so thinking that there might be someone alive made them shiver. What did the person had to endure to survive that long and how long were they down there?

There was no answer but the hope alone that they might find someone in need made the heroes in the room optimistic and more enthusiastic to go back down there and save them. Even if Save meant to kill the creatues, the mosnters the people have become. After all what would a life be, living in an empty shell driven by their instincts? No  human would enjoy this. It was their duty to protect humanity and protect the people above the ground no matter what.