Alarm bells everywhere!

Hawks's POV:

Now that Ryukyu left me alone, I started to feel a lot more less confident than I did when I talked to her. We both knew what our roles were since we were heroes but we had another important mission and that was to stay alive. Who could even tell us that we would get out alive when we found the kid? There was always someone who was ready to take up our place as hero but who can do the job excatly like us? I think that was something we both feared but just feeling this kids body shiver as he was talking, the way he was talking and the desperation in it. It broke my heart and I started to hurry even more.

Me: Huh....

WAIT!

Why is he breathing that heavily?

Did he caught something?

Nezu did say that some of the floors were actually doing something with viruses....

I hopre he is fine...

When I was thinking about it, I stopped for a second before taking something out of my pocket. Of course I had some first aid things with me at all times but right now I was sure that this kid needed them more and who could even say if he would find one of these down there. I was still floors and floors away from him so the only thing I could do right now was actually send a feather with all the things down to him.

Me: I hope this will reach you.

As I was sending my feather down, all of the sudden the walky talky I had with me reacted. It was something I didn't even think would happen at all. Realistically speaking... it should be impossible. The sheer noise that was coming through it was giving me chills but what was worrying me more was that this was a secluded channel just for us heroes. How did anyone get on the channel.

Walky Talky.... : ....... hel....p......he....lp....

Somehow that voice or whatever that was made all the alarm bells in my mind go off. It felt wrong to hear something like this and not only that but that voice sounded quite humain. I didn't know how to describe it than to say it sounded like a muffled voice which was having troubles to talk. 

But the big question which made me stop... was.... how was this possible if I was not able to reach Nezu nor Ryukyu or anyone at this point. 

While I was in midair, I all of the sudden felt watched. It was this bad felling of something watching me and I felt like being prayed on.. no I felt like a pray.

This was not good.

Thankfully all the floors were actually covered with some glas which made it impossible for anything to attack me. Yet I was left wondering what this was.

No... 

My curiosity would be the death of me and it was thankfully the kids movement which got me back focused on what I came for so I let myself drop down again. The faster I would get away from what this was, the better it would be.

 The kid is definitely not doing well....

His wound is also not really something to forget.

I need to get him and then get out of here as fast as possible!

It seemed as if my feather had reached the kid while I continued to drop faster and faster. The noises heard coming from some floors were just horrible but that on the walky talky was something more than just creepy. It couldn't be any person at all. There was no light, no electricity or anything running down in this tunnel system. So... how was I about to explain that?

Easy....

I couldn't!

And I wouldn't!

Better safe than sorry and there was no way I was putting my life on the line while there was an actual person down there. I mean of course I could have sent my feather out to see what was going on but my instincts were already screaming to run from whatever that was. There was no way to find out what it was too.

Me: I am coming kiddo!

Just wait a bit more!

I am close!

Just hold on!

Who knows what would await me down there or in what condition the kid was,.... maybe the kid was also not a kid and I was running right into a trap but it didn't feel like it which made me believe that what I was doing was right and the time was working against me.