FLY FOR YOUR LIFE!

As Hawks had his feathers up in the air, I could feel more and more dread and panick starting to spread all over my body. My feelers were quivering and shaking a bit while I started to back away. Something was off, it just felt off and as if on clue, we could see something gas like starting to leak into the room. It came out of nowhere and started to spread on the ground.

We both looked at the mist which started to come into the room. Though it was not mist at all. This thing was moving and it seemed to be moving towards us specifically. It was just too odd that the mist was splitting up and doing a V shape towards us.

Hawks: On the table! NOW!

I could see Hawks climg up on the table and I did the same thing. We were in a laboratory which meant that there were enough tables for us to get up on. Though would this help us? Could we really escape this?

Me: What is that?

Hawks: I don't know and I do not want to find it out.

Me: How do we get out of this room?

Hawks: You think you can fly out?

Me: Yes but where too?

Hawks: Alright... follow my lead.

It was just chaos. I couldn't describe it differently at all. Hawks tried to use his wings to flap the mist away but it seemed to crawl on the floor closer towards him not being faced at all. It was also coming my way and the thickness of it was increasing alarmingly as well. 

Hawks: NOW!

One signal was all it took for him to fly out of the room and I followed him close by... it was a good decision since we were trapped there but what we saw next was impossible. There was a thick wall behind us. That wall shouldn't be there and the wall itself was just this misty substance. It was huge and it was definitely on to us.

Hawks: Don't look back! We can get out of this just focus on what is in front of us.

As if that would be easy said than done. I needed a break! I was done with pretty much everything right now and yet here I was running away from whatever that was. Oh and did I already mention that Hawks did try to attack it but his feather got devoured and just vanished in the mist?! There was no way we could fight it now for sure! How do you even fight something you can't even touch at all?

Hawks: We'll be out in a minute! Hang in there!

All I could do was focus on Hawks as we flew out of this floor as fast as we could and the moment we got out of there, we could see that this mist was way more dense and huge than what we would have thought. The whole floor got covered with that thing in an instant and I could just say that we were lucky to escape it.

Hawks: Are you alright?

Me: Yeah.... what about you?

Hawks: Don't worry about me feathers.

Me: Feathers?

Hawks: Ah just a nickname I decided to give you.

Me: Ahm... thanks....

I was quite heavily breathing and completly exhausted. Hawks seemed to have noticed it but he was also not better at all. We both needed a place to rest and the last 10 floors below us were all shut with windows. 

Hawks: We'll try the next floor.

Me: Is this really a good idea?

Hawks: We don't really have a choice.

The sad truth here was that he was absolutely right. We didn't even manage to get up half way up. I could at least tell this much but the thing that worried me most was that I was not used to fly at all and that this was already going past my limit.

Hawks: I'll fly befor you. This should make it a bit easier for you.

Me: Thanks...

Once again we continued to make our way up to find the next open floor. After all, both of us just exhausted all the power we still had saved up for later in one go. Oh boy how fast we flew out of there...what a strange mist this was but it was making all sense now. 

No bodies, no nothing, the whole floor seemed to be evacuated in a hurry and if this thing was eating all organic stuff, then this would all make soo much sense but of course, I didn't wanted to think about it and decided not to think about anything for now. I feared that the thought alone would make me panic and lose my hope of ever getting out of here. After all what were a hero and a lab moth against monsters that were unheard off? Our chances of surviving were low and I hated to admit this. So I would rather be delusional right now.