Soon...Soon we will be out!

It took a bit but we finally got to a floor where we could rest and at this point, I was really just tired and was close on just dropping back down due to exhaustion. So I was just glad that we could simply just rest. 

Hawks: Rest here. I'll check the surrounding with my feathers out.

Me: Kay and thanks...

Hawks: You are doing great so far feathers.

Me: You too.

A truly short conversation but there was just nothing more to it. However, all of the sudden we could hear static noises. These noises made me tense up but Hawks seemed relaxed and showed me to calm down while he took out a walkie-talkie. 

Hawks: Hawks, to home base can you hear me.

He seemed to try it out and I was still a bit tense since I was more alert what would happen if he was actually making all the monsters around us notice us. It made me scared and so I decided to sit in a position where I could easily start flying again. The hero did notice me and my sudden different behaviour and came right next to me to pat my head and ruffle it.

Hawks: Don't worry. Nothing sill happen as long as I am here. 

Me: Mh....

He held the wakie talkie towards me and showed me the thing. We both didn't had a lot of hope at all. Little did we actually knew that it worked since we suddenly started hearing another voice coming through it.

???: HAWKS are you there?

Hawks: Yes, Ryukyu. 

I gave the walkie-talkie back to him and we both looked at each other a bit more relieved.

Ryukyu: Thank god, I finally reached you!

Hawks: Glad to hear your voice as well.

Ryukyu: Did you find the kid?

Hawks: Yes.

Ryukyu: Did he....

Hawks: Yup he is right next to me. Feathers how about you say something?

Me: Ahm.... hello there....

Ryukyu: Thank god.... I am glad you two are alright. 

Hawks: We are making our way up. How is it looking at the upper floors?

Ryukyu: We are making our way down to you. There are some complications but we are currently at the 37th floor. Where are you?

Hawks: 68th floor.

Ryukyu: Alright, seems as if we will meet at the middle then.

Hawks: Be careful! There are monsters around here that we are not prepared to deal with.

Ryukyu: I know... we had to evacuate some floors and mark them as a dangerous zone.

Hawks: I see...

Ryukyu: Hawks... kiddo... stay safe.

Hawks: You too!

This was all there was to say for now. The longer we were actually talking the more I felt like getting away from here. I don't really know why or what it was that urged me to get up and not stay on one floor at all. The longer we were in one place the dangerous it became. This was how it went for the last 3 floors where I wanted to rest. Why should it be different now?

Hawks: Relax. I am taking care of everything and trust me... If I can handle villains, then I can handle these monsters as well.

Me: I know.... I still feel like running though....

Hawks: Instinctively or can you feel something around us?

Me: My instincts are screaming at me.

Hawks: Okay... how about you relax and rest while I go and make sure that nothing will actually happen to us. How do you like this solution?

Me: What about you?

Hawks: Me? What should be with me?

Me: You need to rest as well, don't you?

Hawks: Feathers, I am a hero, I am already used to not resting for a long time. Don't worry about me.

Me: But-

Hawks: Nope now rest.

He basically decided to get off the railing where we were sitting and sit down right behind me facing the floor while I was facing the huge drop. It may not be an ideal thing we had going on right now but at least we were actually holding on and at this point, all my energy that I had in my body was sheer will power. I mean, I haven't eaten much in days and drinking was something else....Still I wanted to get out no matter what and it seems as if my mind was creating a wonder right now.

As if the sheer thought about someone guarding my back was calming me down, my instincts stopped screaming at me that much and I could feel all the exhaustion sweeping as like a huge wave. My eyes were growing a bit heavy and my breathing was becoming a bit slower as I driffted of to sleep.