It doesn't feel right....

Me: Can we make a break... sorry... I am just too tired.

Hawks: No problem. Let's get on that floor and find a good room to rest for a bit.

Me: Thanks...

I was already quite a bit out of breath. Normally I shouldn't be that out of breath but I wasn't flying for ages and the only reason I was holding on soo well was because I wanted to get out of this hell hole. Well that was my motivation but it helped knowing that I now had a chance to get out. I mean there was a hero at my side now. How could things even go wrong? Jinxing myself of course here as well because I knew better than anyone what danger is laying down there. There was an invisble thing attacking me and then that thing playing around with me as its pray in the beginning... yeah rest was the least thing I wanted to do right now.

Though there was not an option not to rest. The way up was a lot harder than I thought and I may or may not have already pushed my limits. After all we were flying up for hours, I think. not as if I had any sensation for time with everything dark and just being black around me... I may see in a grayscale right now but it was still not that clear and brighter.

Hawks: Here let's look around and be vigilant.

Me:Mh.

Hawks: Stay behind me at all times.

Me: Gotcha but I can help and fight on my own.

Hawks: I know that but let me handle this for now. You are tired and I would rather not risk get you hurt.

Me: Alright.

We started to walk around the floor as soon as we landed and Hawks had send out a couple of his feathers just in case something was around us but since he couldn't feel anything and we couldn't see anything, didn't mean there was nothing. This was how we had our guards up while walking around until we found a room which looked like a laboratory. 

Some white coats were hanging on the side right next to the broken door and then there was something spilled all over the floor. Some glass shards here and there as well and it was just chaos and seemed as if something had happened.

Hawks: Stay close to me and don't touch anything here.

Me: As if I was about to do that.

What is this place?

I already thought that this was some laboratory shit but.... what the hell did they do here?

My curiosity was peaked and so I carefully got into the room and started looking around. There was pretty much verything out of place as if a fight had occured but there was no blood and no buddies. Maybe these people had to leave in a hurry but that wouldn't explain with what had happened.

Me: Artificial Quirk developement....

Hawks: What did you say?

The hero seemed alarmed when I just had read one random line of a paper. 

Me: This paper. It mentions Artifical quirk developements.

Hawks: .... Didn't I say not to touch anything.

Me: Ah sorry...

Hawks: It's fine... can you read what is on it more?

Me: Sure... Tes subject 34x8 has developed some keen senses in the dark over an extend period of time. The serum injected which should change 34x8s quirk did not affect the subject at all. Further research has to be done. It seems as if 65o0 is not fully developed and can not produce any quirk when injected to a test subject.

Oh my god....

The more I read down the list, the more chills I got. Something was wrong here. If they were testing things out and trying to develope a quirk... then why was this lab all empty?

Not to mention in this kind of state!

Something was more than wrong.

Something is not right here!

I felt all my hairs stand up and there was this feeling of being watched again. Not only that but breathing became a bit harder for me. Just one glance over to Hawks and I could tell that this was just me. He was not the least bit concerned and looking around through the documents with his gloves more.

Me: We should get out...

Hawks: Something wrong?

Me: It feels as if we are being watched.... and I feel like something bad will happen....

His eyes widened when I said that and immediately had nearly all his feathers up in the air protecting us. Not only that but he dropped his paper and had now two big feathers in his hands as swords.

Hawks: Can you tell from where it is coming from?

Me: No