Survival of the fittest!

I couldn't go on anymore. I was just too tired. My breath was getting heavier and heavier till I just layed down on the floor concentrating on my breathing but I just felt soo soo tired and so done. Was this really my end?

I can't fall alseep now!

Who knows if I will wake up or stand up after this,.... plus this floor might also not be safe at all.

I could feel something cold touch my forhead and when I opened my eyes for a moment, I could see the feather moving a bit but it seemed to be very careful with how it was touching my skin. I still was wondering why it was being this careful.

Me: Thanks buddy.....

*clack*......*clack*.....*clack*....

There was this sound I have not heard before at all and it seemed as if the feather was also alarmed since it shoot away from me and towards the door. There was one door but it was open since I kinda forgot to close it. Besides the fact that it was too heavy for me to close it.

*clack*....*clack*....*clack*...

This clacking sound was not normal. It sounded like something hitting against the floor. Something heavy but for me, all I could compare it was the sound of some animal claws on the floor. Just the thought alone made me shoot up and look towards the door.

How could I think that I am safe here?!

I am not safe anywhere!

The moment I jumped to my legs, I immediately fell down if not for the flap that I did to get me off the ground. Who knows what creature that was. I was certainly not someone who wanted to find it out and started flying up towards the ceiling until I was once again leaning against it and waiting for the clacking sound to be done. 

Oh god... does it know I am here?

What is that sound?

Please don't be what I think it is... please!

No matter how hard I would beg, this sound was coming closer and closer. Iknew that there was no escaping it but I also knew that I couldn't just do nothing. The best I could do was surprise it. Better go down with a fight then without any? Right? That was at least what my mind told me. Besides the fact that I was too tired to hold myself up against the ceiling. 

the door!

I can surprise it for sure!

Quick and smoothly, I flew towards the door so that I could land on top of it and balance myself of right there, awaiting this thing. I knew I was small but I was trained to be a hero and I had still some common sense and fighting will in myself. 

Alright here it comes...

Just seconds after the sound stopped, I could see something running into the room. It seemed as if this thing was moving on all four and it didn't had any eyes just one huge tonge and that meant it was smelling me. Bad omen for me but seeing as it didn't rely on its vision, I decided to attack first.

One smooth motion!

One jump!

It was all just one minute of courage and that one minute was all it took for me to launch at it. I didn't know why I thought it would be a good idea but I kinda did. I wanted to chocke it and then just leave it behind. I wanted it to just let me alone and rest no matter what. 

The build up tension mixed with the anger, frustration and everything else made me just attack the creature before it could attack me. It really didn't ended well.... at least not how I thought it would. The moment I attacked it, it started tossing and turning but I had it in a death grip and didn't let it go at all.... well until I bit it. I never before had the urge to do it but I kinda started seeing something weird. Something a bit glowingly in this darkness and it looked like a system of different small pipes... it didn't take me long to know that these were the aterials of this thing. Never did I actually see stuff like this but that moment I did and when I did, I had the urge to bite it. 

I did... and let me tell you that it tasted bitter and just rotten. Of course I jumped back and started to spit out the blood that I just drawn out of it. 

EEEEEEWWWWWWW!!!!

WHY THE HELL DID I DO THAT!

The sheer thought and the taste made me instantly throw up but the good thing was... I could hear the thing scream in agony and it was definitely not approaching me but instead backing away. What did I do just do?! I didn't know at all... I was in fact busy to throw up all the little things I had in my stomach and trust me that was not a lot before collapsing to the ground just laying there.

I am done with this shit....

It's hot!

It's dark!

and I feel like shit.

I should probably rest a bit...

Me: Can you keep an eye for things out.... thanks feathers....

Just like that I closed my eyes while the screams of the creature in the same room as me started dying out. From the corner of my eyes I could see it dropping to the ground and I could even see the feather stabbing it and attacking it but I could also see that it was throwing up something as well.. maybe this was because of me... who knows... I survived that was the important part here!

I was sure I would survive this night!

And I would live on!

I would find a way out and if it was the last thing I would do.