Mine!

Hawks's POV:

When the kid stormed out of the room, we all held our breath and couldn't believe what happened. This kid was brave enough to help us, heroes, out where he himself was captured down here for ages. If it would be me, I don't think I would have done something like that. In fact, I was sure that every single hero in that room would have abandoned everything and would have tired to get to safety. Yet this kid intentionally faught that thing! That very thing that no one of us could do any damage to it.

Maybe it was reckless....

Maybe it was his sense of defensive...

or it maybe because he was desperate....

I will never ask him about it, that was for sure but when he got out, it took us a couple of seconds before me, Ryukyu and Endeavor stormed out as well to see him fight that thing. No one of us could say he was not trained, no one could say he was a coward or anything bad at all. The manoeuvre he pulled up was a good one but that thing was a hard nut to crack.

Needless to say that we all rushed to help the little fella out but by the time we manage to get to where he was, he already had thrown himself off the railing. It made us all freeze and my heart skipped a beat when I saw that. I simply couldn't believe what just happened. 

By all honest, my body moved without me knowing it as I ran to the very position he had thrown himself over and jumped behind him. Right after me was Ryukyu who kinda got me in mid air and after that we went after the kid and watched him fight it. The movements of that thing seemed to get slower and it was only me who knew what happened and why. After all I knew about the kids poisonous fangs.

Anyways, we watched everything happen to the last detail and it was also us who got the kid in our hand when he ran out of energy and flew up as fast as we could. In this case it was Ryukyu since my wing was broken. This still didn't stop me from jumping after the kid. It was the right thing to do and I wouldn't regret doing it again.

Whelp, it took us a bit but we managed to get out of the whole. None of us had any thoughts as we were still spacing out and shocked what just happened but that didn't mean we didn't know what to do and so the moment we got out, I rushed the kid to the infirmary tent and layed him down for the healer to have a look at him. After that I stayed with him the whole time.

First it was me and the healer but then it was me and Nezu and after that Eraserhead and Gang Orca came in.... the reacton of all the heroes was the same but Eraserheads was the most emotional. The man went to the kids side and from one moment to the next one, that man fell down to the ground and cried as he gripped the kids hands.

Nezu: Can we have a talk?

Me: I would rather stay here.

Nezu: I understand this and so do I, which is why suggest talking here.

Me: Alright....

All our eyes were literally glued to the kid who was laying there. He seemed soo peaceful which was very scary seeing as his medical condition was not the best. Recovery Girl even announced that she can't do anything for him for now with her quirk. He seemed simply too weak for it and she was doing all she could do in her power to make him get back to his feet. However she also said that this night was crucial to him since he seemed to have developed a high fever while we were on our way out.

Nezu: Does he know who he is?

Me: Yes.

Nezu: Does he remember the past?

Me: Yes....

When I said that I could hear the healer as well as Eraserhead gasp. This man was hard to get emotional but today everyone was. Every single hero who came into this tent to check on him started crying when they saw the poor kid on the bed with soo many medical machines attached to his body.

Nezu: How unfortunate....

Me: What will happen to him?

Nezu: We will get him back on his feet. Of course he will still have his place at UA and he will be welcomed to stay as he wishes.

Eraserhead: Who will take him in? His mother....

Me: I'll take him.

Eraserhead: You?

Me: Yes me! Got a problem with that?

Eraserhead: He was one of my students.

Me: And I was the one who never gave up searching for him or do you have anything to say against this?

Eraserhead: You know how bad the chances are for a kid to survive for that long.

Me: But I haven't given up hope and I was down there with him! He is different than what you knew him!

Nezu: Gentleman's please! It is a fact that this incident had changed him but the question is not how it changed but more how we will continue from now on.

Me: I agree.

Eraserhead: Same here.

Me: Still he is mine! I will take him in as my son.

Eraserhead: And why do you think that is a good choice with the hero commission behind your back?

Me: .... I will not let them get to him.

Nezu: Neither will I and who said that he will be with any of you? As the saying goes... if two are quarrelling, the third will be happy.

Eraserhead: You are not human.

Me: Forget it Mickey!

Nezu: I may not be human but I know best what it means to be experimented on.

No one of us could say anything against that. We knew that the kid needed help and that Nezu maybe would be a good choice, still I was not about to let go of this kid. Not after we went through together. He grew on me and there was no way to deny it.. Then again I knew that Eraserhead probably felt the same since this kid was the only kid he had ever lost due to a villain attack and never managed to find him. Now seeing the kid would definitely make him feel regretful and he would try to make it up for his mistake. This was something the kid for sure didn't need at all.

Recovery Girl: I suggest asking the bean what he wants. After what he went through, he should have the choice to stay with who he wants to be.

A good idea which we all could agree on.