Chapter 4

Amy's POV

We only sat there for a few minutes before going on with our separate lives.

I was getting ready to leave school when some nerdy looking boy came up to me at my locker. I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone.

"Hi, I'm Ben. Your Amy right?" I nodded my head. "Would you maybe like to I put some time? Maybe tonight there"s this football game after party that we could go to." He nervously said.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine I guess. We can meet here." I said, I didn't really want to but he seemed nice and I need a little distraction right now.

I walked away and out of the school. I just wish I could talk to someone right now.

My parents we're running late to pick me up, so I started to walk home. Their probably fighting again for all I know.

I felt tired so I walked into a Dairy Queen and ordered a large cookie dough blizzard, I was grabbing out my wallet.

"I got." I looked up to see Ricky once again standing in front of me, coming to the rescue.

"Thank you." Was all I said. I don't need him coming to my rescue.

"Here you go." The lady handed it to me. I went and walked outside, continuing the walk home as I ate my blizzard. This baby at least has a good craving.

"Amy, wait up." I stopped and turned around. Giving Ricky a confused face. "What? I need to get going before my parents kill me."

"Why are you walk? Shouldn't they be picking you up?" "No, they forgot. I guarantee their fighting or working late, it is what it is. I just need to make sure to get there soon. So I can go out tonight." I said brushing my fingers through my hair.

"Do you want a ride? I can take you. It not good for you to be over exerting yourself while your pregnant." He whispered the last part. "Who are you going out with?" He suddenly asks.

"No, I don't need a ride, I'll be fine in my own. And I'm going out with Ben. He asked me to go to the football game after party with him, I said yes because he seemed nice and I could use a distraction." I said

"Be careful Amy I've heard some rumors about Ben the sausage prince and how he's weird and will obsess over any girl that does out with him."  He warned.

"I'll be fine. I appreciate the concern but I think I can take care of myself." I said before walking away.

I threw away my trash into a trash can I passed.  I stopped feeling extremely exhausted all the sudden, with a wave of sore feet and nausea. I bent over, trying to calm down my heart rate. My French horn feeling a lot heavier. I sat down on the bench next to me, taking a break.

I took a deep breath in and out. I knew he was watching me, I only got half way down the hill before I had to stop.

It's way to hot to be wear long sleeves right now. "Come on. I got you." I looked up to see Ricky grabbing my French horn and helping me stand.

"Ricky I'm fine just go please." I said fighting the exhaustion and making us stop. "No your not Amy and don't forget that's my baby your carrying." He said irritated.

"Trust me I know that. I need to be able to do things in my own." I said feeling a tear roll down my cheek. "Ugh, why can't I just stop crying. I'm tired of crying." I said in frustration.

"It because your tired and pregnant and hormonal. Please just let me take you home as your friend and the father of that baby let me help you." I hate him right now because he's being kind, caring, considerate, he's bing venerable. "Fine. But my sister texted me that our parents didn't get her ether, that's where I was headed because she shouldn't be walking alone. Can we go get her too. It almost dark and I don't want to leave her." He just nodded his head.

We pulled in front of Ashley's school and saw her standing outside. She got in the back seat.

"Who's he? He's not your boyfriend or something is he?" He asked, annoyed.

"H-he's a f-friend from s-school who offered to give us a ride since we were left in the dust." I said nervously.

"Sure." Was all she said.

He drove us to our house and dropped us off. I got out of the car and grabbed my French horn as Ashely wait for me. "Thanks Ricky."  I said before we walked into the house through the back door.

We heard screaming and yelling as we entered, I nodded upstairs for Ashley to go up there as I set my French horn down.

I walked into the kitchen watching them fight. "Seriously. Enough, you guys forgot to pick us up thanks." I said before walking up to my room with a juice.

I was about to enter my room when Ashley asked, "so who's Ricky really?" She said coming out of her room.

"A friend I met at band camp. And that's all you need to know. We're in the band together he offered to help me out and that's that." I said closing my door and locking it.

I changed into some new clothes and walked over to the bathroom to fix my hair. I walked down stairs and to the kitchen.

"Amy how was your first day?" She asked as she cooked food. "Great, would have been better if someone remembered to pick us up." I mumbled.

"Actually someone asked me to go with them to the football after party later at the school. Can I go?" I asked.

"Sure as long as your father says yes. What's his name Ben the sausage prince. His father is known as the sausage king." I said.

"That's fine." I heard my dad say from the dinner table.

We ate dinner and then my dad dropped me off at the school because he wanted to meet Ben.