Chapter 20

Ricky's POV

I felt so weak, vulnerable. I looked away from everyone, just sitting there on the ground crying for Amy. I turned my head on my knees to the side just looking and watching the door. Hoping someone will come out here soon and tell me that she's okay. I drowned out every sound just waiting and waiting, until it opened.

"Family for Amy Juergen's." A voice said. I scrambled to my feet, running up to the doctor.

"Yes that's us. What's going on? Is she okay?" I asked in a panic.

"She is recovering in her room. We won't know if anything is wrong until she's wakes up. If she wake up. She is in a mild coma, her body put her there to protect her from the pain and we won't know when she will wake up." She said.

"Can we see her?" Grace asked. "Yes you can. But I recommend only one or two at a time." Dr. Robbins said before walking away.

"You two should go." I said to her parents. "Okay." They said before walking to her room.

I walked down to the nursery and ran into Johns doctor. "Mr. Underwood. Would you like to see your son before we take him for some tests?" Dr. Karev asked. "Tests what tests?" I asked in a panic.

"Just a few to make sure everything is okay and that nothing is wrong with John. They are quick and painless." He said.

"Okay. Yeah I want to see him." I said. We walked into the nursery and over to the incubator he was in. I looked at him and a smile formed on my face. I put a finger to the glass unable to touch him.

After a few minutes they took him for testing. Walked down the halls, tears running down my cheeks. This was my fault I got Amy pregnant and it's my fault she's going through this that John is going through this. I can't lose either of them. I love them too much for that.

I walked back to the waiting room, sitting down in a chair. When Ashley came up to me, she just got back from seeing Amy. "You should go next. She would want you to." Ashley said. "I can't I can't see her laying there lifeless again. I watched her heart stop Ashley. I love her so much that it hurts that I am the reason she is laying in that hospital bed and that my son is having to fight for his life possibly." I said, tears rolling down my face.

"It's not your fault Ricky." Was all she said before walking away.

Three weeks later...

I stared at Amy's open door of her hospital room, watching her and John. Dr. Karev said everything was fine with him and him and Dr. Robbins agreed that it might help wake Amy up if they kept John in her room. He just got out of the incident two days ago because he was super healthy and nothing was wrong with him.

I was now in the doors threshold, then I took the final step and walked into the room. For the first time in three weeks I was able to walk in here.

I sat in a chair next to Amy, taking her hand in mine. "I'm sorry I didn't come sooner. I just couldn't see you so lifeless, after your heart stopped I was pushed out of the room and see you like that terrified me, and I couldn't see you like that again, it breaks my heart seeing you like this Amy. Please just come back to us. Wake up and come home to me and John, we need you, I need you. I need you because I love you Amy and I never thought I could love anybody and I do I love you Amy Juergen's and I need you to fight. Because if you die, I die." I said squeezing her hand.

I felt a tight squeeze to my hand. "Amy. Omg your awake. Nurse." I said as I saw her eyes open.

The nurse came running in with a couple of other nurses. They took out Amy's breathing tube. "Don't talk, your mouth is really dry from the tube. Here take some water." The nurse said handing her a cup of water.

"What happened?" She said once she got her voice back.

"Let's get Dr. Robbins." The head nurse said. Dr. Robbins soon came in. "Amy. I'm so glad your wake. Now after John was delivered your heart stopped again from the loss of blood but we were able to get it back but you have been in a coma for the last 3 weeks because your brain was trying to protect you from the pain. So my guess is that you have fully healed and with a little bit of in courage meant you were finally brought out of your coma. We will run some tests and do some scans, if everything comes back normal then you and John can go home in two days." Dr. Robbins said and then walked out.

I walked back next to her and sat down in the chair once the nurses moved out. Amy looked around and took in her surroundings when her eyes landed on something, our son.

I picked him up and walked him over to Amy, setting him in her arms. "Hi John. I'm your momma. I'm sorry I haven't been with you. I love you so much. She said looking down at our son with a smile.

"AMY." We heard some people yell. I turned my head and saw literally her whole family and Adrian, Grace, Madison, and Lauren run into her room. "Ricky why didn't you call us." They yelled.

"Can you all stop yelling I just woke up from coma and my son is sleeping." She said not taking her eyes off John.

Amy's POV

I felt arms wrap around me. I looked down to see Ashley with tears going down her eyes. "Don't you ever do that again. You scared me."

"I was too. But not for myself but for all of you. Especially Ricky." I said turning my head and giving his hand a squeeze as he held John.

"Why him?" My mom asked. Let's just say when your in a coma you still hear everything and I mean you die I die everything." I said giving Ricky a knowing look.

"Is that what took you to wake up him coming in here and confessing that he loves you too." Adrian asked, crossing her arms. I could feel all the blood rush to me face.

"Maybe." I mumbled. "Jeez Ricky what room you so long she could have been awake two weeks ago." My dad said.

"Don't blame him. I don't think I wanted you guys in here. I mean seriously I was comatose and basically dead. That's not something I would want anyone to see." I said.

We talked and hung out in between me getting tests and scans done. The doctors told me everything looked fine and that I can go home when John is released in two days.