Chapter 11

Amy's POV

"Hey." Was all he said. I didn't care, I just hugged him. He hesitated before hugging me back.

"Hey, hey it's alright." He said leaning his chin onto my head.

"Amy, who's there?" My mom said walking over to the door. I broke from the hug, giving Ricky a smile.

"I guess talking to Leo worked? You must be Ricky." My mom asked.

"Yeah. This is Ricky." I said, she walked away. "We need to talk." I said.

We walked outside and sat on the porch stairs. "What is it what's wrong?" He asked.

"I met your father last night. I met Bob." I said looking down. I knew this news wouldn't be easy for him.

"What? He's out. Did he touch you?" I took his hand in mine, rubbing comforting circles on his hand.

"No. I remember led what you said about him at band camp so I quickly closed the garage door on him. He tried to talk to my dad at the front door but he didn't know anything so I was able to quickly get rid of Bob. I then told my parents about the pregnancy and I told them about you. I didn't want them to end up getting caught in his lies so I told them. I didn't want them to think poorly of you either so yeah. I know it wasn't my place to tell them about you and what Bob did to you. But I care too much about you to let them think differently about you from what your father said to him." I said looking down at our hands, a tear sliding down my face.

"That's good. Thank you. Hey what's wrong?" He said.

"Nothing, I was just really worried about you. I can't believe Ben kidnapped you. And tried to kill me." I said, letting more tears fall.

I wiped my tear with my sleeve. How pathetic am I? I cry all the time.

He wiped some remaining tears with his thumb. He put his hand under my chin to force me to look at him.

"I was worried about you too, because for the first time I care about someone other than myself. When I met you Amy it's like a light, a spark was ignited in me. I can't get you off my mind. You became the light to my darkness. The only good thing other than this baby in my life is you." He said.

Our faces were closer now. I felt my heart start to beat faster, I felt butterflies in my stomach, and it wasn't just the baby kicking, I felt nervous.

"Hey Amy." I heard Grace say. I moved away from Ricky and turned my head towards her.

"Oh my god is that Ricky. Your okay. Ben let you go. Thank god. I guess I come barring good news for both of you though." Grace said running up to us.

"What? What is it." I asked. "Jack caught Bob buying drugs and he got arrested, he went back to jail. Also Amy me and Jack were talking and he talked to his dad after I told him that you were looking for a job. What do think about working at the church daycare. You will get free daycare during the day where you can drop the baby off before school and then you can work there and spend time with the baby after school and it has great insurance. Would you like the job?" She asked.

"That's great. Oh my god. Yes. Grace thank you so much." I said giving her a hug.

"Me, Adrian, Madison, and Lauren are also going to plan you a baby shower too." She said.

"Wow. Thank you so much." I said. "Speaking of jobs, Leo gave me a job at his family's butcher shop since what happened with Ben. He also says that we can call the police on him because Ben is broke and that he won't be bailing out his crazy son anytime soon." Ricky said looking over at me with his beautiful smile that reaches his eyes.

"So we can really do this, we can keep the baby and raise him or her." I said turning to Ricky.

"Well I'm going to go. Night." Grace said. "Bye Grace. Night." 

"Soooo. You should call your mom she'll be really glad to hear from you. And so would Dr. Fields." I said, dialing Margret. knowing his phone was destroyed.

"Hello. Amy. Is everything alright?" She asked. "Yeah. There's actually someone who wants to talk to you." I said handing him the phone.

"Mom. Hi." Ricky said. I couldn't really hear want Margret was saying on the other side of the street home but from the smile on Ricky's face they we're enjoying their talk. "Alright. Love you too mom. Bye." He said hanging up the phone.

He handed me back my phone. "Thanks. she says to tell you thank for having me call her" he said.

"Anytime ." I said giving him a small smile. "Do you want to come in for dinner?" I asked.

"Sure." Was all he said. We walked into the house and over to the kitchen.

Everyone was setting the table. "Ricky, I set a spot for you next to Amy just in case you decided to stay." My mom said.

"Thank you mam." He said with a small smile. "So this is the Ricky!" Dad asked. "Yeah. Also Bob is no longer a problem he was arrested." I said.

"Great. That's amazing. So Ben let you go Ricky?" Dad asked.

"Yeah. Leo yelled at Ben and then found me in their basement. He offered me a job at his family's butcher shop to try and make amends but he also said that he will call the police on Ben. and I excepted his offer so I could help take care of my child." Ricky said sitting down in his seat in between me and my dad.

We ate and talked for hours before Ricky had to leave.

I walked him out of the house. "Thank you for letting me stay for dinner. Your family seems great. Bye Amy." He said and kissed my cheek. He was about to walk down the steps.

"Ricky wait." He turned around and walked back over to me. "Yes Amy?" He said searching my eyes and holding onto my hands.

The nervous feeling returned, I looked down at the ground, unable to keep staring in those gorgeous brown eyes.

He used his hand to make me face him ever so gently.

"What is it Amy? Just tell me." He begged, concern in his eyes.

"There's an appointment tomorrow evening during school for the baby. We'll be finding out the sex of the baby. Do you want to come?" I asked nervously, I can't tell him how I feel not yet. I could see excitement but also sadness in his eyes when I said that.

"Yes. Thank you. See you tomorrow." Was all he said before walking out and getting into his car the Leo gave him.

"Bye Ricky." Was all I said as I watched him leave.