Chapter 16

No one's POV

At school Grace and the girls were all talking about the baby.

They were standing in the hallway getting ready to talk about the baby shower but they were to worried about Amy and the baby.

"I hope everything with the baby works out. I've been praying for them all since we found out that something might be wrong." Grace said, on their verge of tears.

"I know me too, and I don't even go to church. But for Amy and Ricky I will. Ricky was my first love but him and Amy belong together and Amy's my friend. Im just worried something's really wrong." Adrian said trying not to cry at the thought.

"I know. It's just not fair to them, they've been through so much especially because of what Ben did. He tried to kill Amy and the baby and then kidnapped Ricky. I'm glad he's rotting away in prison. I just hope everything is okay for them." Lauren and Madison said.

They all went their separate ways to class, all thinking about Amy, Ricky and the baby.

Once it was lunch time the girls met up again. "Okay so we only have 5 more days until the baby shower. Do we have balloons, a banner, streamers all that? And everyone has bought a gift off the registry?" Madison asked.

"Yes Madison. Everything will be perfect we can at least give Amy that. We might not be able to do anything about the baby or the fact that she thinks her and Ricky need to move in together but we can take care of her shower." Grace said

"Amen to that." They all said and cling-king their drinks together to celebrate Amy and Ricky.

Amy's POV

"Preeclampsia. It's in it early stages and luckily we caught it early but you will need to be very careful from now on Amy. I suggest no more school until you have delivered the baby because it is dangerous to both you and the fetus." She said.

"What caused this?" I asked. "We don't know but I would say because your 15 and having your first pregnancy." Nice to know how judgmental you are.

"We only noticed it because the fetus is seeming a little small they he should. Can will take a few weeks after giving birth for it to go away. We also recommend you don't wait to deliver at full term. You will need to have a c-section during week 35. A whole month earlier they we would want to to have a baby delivered but it is the best option for both fetus and mother." She sounded like a robot.

I laid my head in Ricky's chest. How can this be happening. Why us.?

"Is it because I lost oxygen and Ben tried kill me is it because I failed to protect myself? Why is this happening to us?" I cried out more tears falling down my face.

"Amy, if you being attacked when you were at a weak moment is what caused this it not your fault it Bens. Okay. It's not your fault, it no one's fault." Ricky said making me look at him.

"I will have a prescription that will help you and the fetus stable and at a normal blood pressure sent to your pharmacy." She said. I just want to punch her.

"He's not a fetus he's our son." Ricky said, angry with her for using the word fetus. She just walked out of the room.

We walked down the school halls as everyone scatters to their lockers at lunch time.

I walked to my locker grabbing my things that I left here.

Ricky went down to the band room to tell Mr Sherlack that we won't be returning to band until after the baby is born. No matter how much I told him to go back to class he didn't want to leave us.

I put my hand in my stomach. Not caring for the stares or whispers I walk down the hall with all my stuff in my bag to the councilors office.

"Amy? I'm glad to see you." He said. "Me and Ricky won't be back to school until a few weeks after the baby is born due to complications." A tear slid down my cheek at that word. Its more IF I make IF we make it out of surgery due to complications. I wiped away the tear. "Okay. I wish you and Ricky the best of luck and I will keep you both in my prayers." He said pointing to my baby bump.

"Thank you." Was all I said before walking out of his office.

I walked to the band room to meet Ricky. When I ran into Grave, Madison, Lauren and Adrian.

"Omg Amy. Your back." Grace said. "No, me and Ricky just came to talk to the band teacher and counselor. We won't be back until the baby is born." I said tears rolling down my face. I'm so tired of crying.

"Oh Amy what's wrong. What did the doctor say?" Madison asked.

"I have preeclampsia." I said breaking out into a sob. "Omg Amy. I'm so sorry." Grace Sid giving me a hug. Of course she knows what that is her fathers a doctor and she wants to be a doctor.

"It going to be okay. You have your parents, Ashley, Ricky, Ricky's parents, Dr. Fields, Leo, and us your friends, your best friends. We all have your back, everything will be okay." Grave said, I could feel hear tears on the back of my shirt. I have such great friends.

"Thank you Grace." I whispered. She pulled me out of the hug and rested her hands on my arms.

"If you want we can cancel the baby shower." I smiled for the first time today I smiled.

"No, don't do that you girls have worked so hard on it and me and Ricky could use some cheering up." I said.

"Wait it's you and Ricky now? Not just me." Lauren asked. "What about me and you?" Ricky asked me as he came up next to me.

I went bright red. "This." I said turning around and kissing him, he kissed me back.

We broke apart, giving him a slight smile. "They were just asking about You and I and the baby shower and the baby. And we're all going to be fine. Because we have each other, our friends and our families, we can get through this. And sure it's scary that I might, or the baby or both. But we're going to be okay. And we are going to celebrate this occasion with a any shower. Life can't just stop because we're scared and that me I'm scared not just for me but all of us and most importantly our baby. Plus we have the amazing Christian goddess Grace Bowmen who's more Christian than any Christian, don't take that as offensive Grace we love you the way you are." I said giving her a quick look of resurgence.

"She prayed when Ben attacked me, she prayed when you got kidnapped, my guess was she prayed we would get together, and I know she's praying right now for our baby." I said tear in the brink of falling. Ricky's eyes were watery as I stared up at them.

I turned around back to our friends. "Thank you all for planning me a baby shower and honestly just being my friend I am so lucky to have you as my friends and that you stood by me, there are other teen moms that are completely abandoned and alone." I said finally letting my tears fall, but they were happier tears and a smile.