Chapter 27

Amy's POV

It's been five months since we saw the house of my dreams, what Ricky didn't tell me was that he already bought it and moved everything in for us.

I sat in the library in my favorite chair, it was winter break. The snow fell outside as I read my book and sipped some coffee, I loved it here.

My family was coming over for dinner which is just great.

I sat my now empty coffee cup in the coffee table and stood up, I liked out the large window admiring the huge land we have and my favorite part the gate that helps keep unwanted visitors out. I rubbed my small baby belly, holding the blanket close to me.

I sighed, I saw Ricky come up behind me in the reflection of the window, he hugged me around the waist, kissing my temple.

"We should start getting ready, people will be arriving for the baby shower soon and then we have dinner with everyone." I said leaning into his touch.

Adrian and Omar moved back here because they wanted to be closer to their families and friends. Grace and Jack Eloped because life is short. Ashley finally started dating Toby and lost her virginity. Kathy gave birth a week a ago on Christmas Eve. My mom moved back here in our old house with Mimzi because she wanted to be closer to me. Dad has a new place finally. Ben and Bob were sentenced to death and got the electric chair.

We are also having the gender reveal today with the baby shower and dinner. I really hope it's two girls, I don't like being out numbered.

I turned around, lacing a soft kiss on his lips and then barring my head in his chest. "What do you think their going to be?" Ricky asked.

"I don't really care, I'm just glad their both healthy, I remember how terrifying it was when I was pregnant with John because of the preeclampsia, I'm just glad Dr. Robbins has made sure nothing goes wrong with this delivery and has watched for any sign of preeclampsia and eclampsia. Im just scared and worried for our babies." I said, a tear falling down my cheek.

He rubbing my back, resting his head on mine, we just stood there in each other's arms. "I am too." He whispered, and I knew he was because last time he saw me almost die. I don't want to put him through that again.

"Im sorry." I whispered. He looked at me, cupping my cheek. "For what?" He asked with concern.

"For scaring you when John was born, when you were shot I knew exactly what you felt in that moment but for you it was worse because you could have lost both me and John. Im so sorry for putting you through that pain." I whispered looking at the ground not wanting to look at him.

"It's not your fault, don't blame yourself Amy. Their gone and we are all fine." He said placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

We continued to hold each other for what felt like forever until we heard small footsteps running towards us.

We broke apart and I knelt down, letting  John run into them. I pulled myself back up as I placed him around my hip.

"Mommy, mommy, baby." He said, a small smile formed in my face as I looked down at my adorable son, tucking a loose hair behind his ear.

"What about you John, do you want a baby brothers or baby sisters or one of each?" I asked him.

"Brother." He said. I giggle at his toothy grin. "I think I want one of each, that way the men came stay in power." He teased, knowing very well how I hate being unmatched.

"What if it two girls, we try for a another boy so it's equal." I said with a wicked grin. A smirk appeared on Ricky's face, I knew he would like the sound of that.

There was the gate alarm that went off, we all rushed downstairs and checked who it was, I hit the button letting them in. It was our moms, here to set everything up.