Chapter 18

Amy's POV

I'm officially 33 weeks pregnant, I have to deliver the baby in 2 weeks so Ricky has been getting the nursery ready for the baby.

But that's no what I care about there only a few days until Christmas and I love Christmas.

I have to finish my Christmas shopping but I can't drive. So everything's been being ordered on Amazon. I just don't want anyone to figure that out.

I feel bad for Grace though, her parents and Tom left a few weeks ago because her grandmother needed help, but her parents didn't want her to miss school or have to start at a new one so they left her here with Adrian because Adrian's mom is always gone and wanted some company. I just know the holidays are hard on both of them now.

I walked down stairs to the kitchen. "Mom, dad. I was wondering if this year for Christmas if we could have a few people over?" I asked them.

"Sure who?" My dad asked. "Adrian, Grace, Ricky and his family, Madison and Lauren. It just Madison, Lauren, Adrian, and Grace have no one to spend Christmas with this year and well Ricky's my boyfriend and him and his parents are now apart of our family." I said with puppy dog eyes.

"Okay. Your right. They are apart of our family and no one should be spending the holidays alone." My mom said. I stopped pouting, "Thank you." I said giving them a huge hug.

I went upstairs and told Ricky. I texted the girls and they were all grateful.

A week later, two days after Christmas...

I was in bed when I felt a massive. I walked down stairs jeering Ricky knock on the door. I opened it and we walked over to the couch to watch tv.

"How are you feeling today?" Ricky asked giving me a kiss on the forehead.

"I feel alright. The baby's just kicking a lot and it hurts.

I felt stood up, wanting to grab a blanket when there was a lid splash under my.

"Was that?" Ricky asked. "My water broke. He's coming he can't be tho the doctor said they had to induce labor so he could come a month early. Ricky I'm scared."

He grabbed the baby bags and we walked to the car.

"Ow, ahh. This hurts" I screamed as I dial my mom. "Amy what's wrong?" She asked. "He's coming." Was all I could say before calling my doctor to let her know we are on our way.

We entered the hospital and talked to the nurse at the desk. She told us we needed to wait in the waiting room until the doctor is able to get you a room.

I was breathing in and out to help calm me down. "I can't believe this is happening. Why a whole week earlier than we needed to deliver? This wasn't supposed to happen what is something changed, what if the complication got worse? Ricky I'm scared that something bad might happen." I felt his arms wrap around me.

"I'm am too." Was all he said before kissing me on the head.

"Amy we can take you to your room now." They got a wheelchair and took me to my room.

"Your doctor will be here soon." The nurse said. After a few minutes a older mid-aged blond women walked into the room.

"Hi. I'm Dr. Robbins. I will be making sure you and your son make it out of surgery today." She said.

"Who are you where's Dr. Hazel?" I asked. "I know this is a crazy scary situation. Unfortunately Dr. Hazel is only an OBGYN not a fetal surgeon, since you have preeclampsia I will be yours and your baby's doctor to make sure that everything goes perfectly fine during delivery. I know it's a week earlier than we planned but which will mean your baby is a premature baby, he's going to need to stay in the hospital in an incubator for three weeks to make sure that everything is okay. I know how scary and worry some having a to deliver the baby early, my ex-wife was pregnant with our daughter at 24 weeks and got into a really bad accident but now she is thriving better than ever because of the doctors here in this hospital. I will do everything to make sure you both make it out safely without anymore complications. But to make sure that happens we have to do the c-section soon. The sooner the better. I'll be back in 30 minutes to check on you okay." She said with a comforting smile before she walked out.

"So I guess this is happening." I said with panic. "But we can trust her we can trust her from what I've heard about her from the news and articles she's the best of the best. Nobody is better than her. So we'll be okay. We're in god hands. I'm so scared what if something goes wrong and he gets heart disease or some other medical condition. We should call Grace and everyone else." I said trying to calm down and breathe through the pain.

Ricky called everyone. My mom got there while he was on the phone with Grace who was also on her way with Adrian, Madison, and Lauren.

Ricky, was talking with my dad while I was talking with my mom and Ashley when Dr. Robbins walked back in.

"Are you ready Amy?" She asked with a sweet gentle voice and a soft smile.

"Yeah. The sooner the better right. Plus these contracts really hurt. Is Ricky allowed in the room or no?" I asked the original plan before all of this was he would be in the room.

"Only for a few minutes when we are getting you prepped and then when we are about to take your son out of the womb. That's all I can do given your situation." She said

"Okay. Let's do this." I said. She had the nurses bring in a gurney and prep me while they gave Ricky scrubs.  They moved me onto the gurney. Once the railings were up they started to move us out of the room, leaving my family behind. Ricky was walking next to me, holding my hand in a pair of scrubs.

We arrived into the OR and Dr. Robbins went to get scrubbed in. My breath went shaky, the reality of it all setting in.

"Ricky I can't do this. I can't something could go wrong. Our baby boy something could happen to him. I can't be a mom. What was I thinking? I can't raise a baby at 15. What if he falls and gets hurt what if he has a life threatening condition. I can't do this." I said tears rolling down my face as I look at Ricky next to me in a stool.

"It's okay to be scared, I'm scared Amy. But he is strong just like his mom and you'll both pull through this and yeah he might fall and get hurt but that's apart of life. And if he does have a life threatening condition we will be there for our son and get him the best care possible. Everything will be okay." He said kissing me on the head and wiping my tears.

"Okay Amy. Unfortunately we can't put you under because of your condition it's really dangerous for the baby. But we will numb you so you don't feel anything. Ricky you'll have to step out and once we are through the womb and have everything the way it needs to be so both Amy and the baby are safe you can come back in and cut your baby's cord and watch him be born but after that you have to leave so we can take care of Amy and that's when we will put you under anesthesia, when the baby is safely out and can come to no more harm. Okay let's have a baby." She said. Ricky gave me a kiss on the lips before he walked out.

I started to feel weak after what felt like an hour, my body feels like it's been drained of all its blood. "Hey Amy how you doing? Talk to me. What are you going to name your little boy." Dr. Robbins asked trying to keep me awake. "Well me and my sister were talking the other day about names and she said the name John because it's simple and the baby's life has already been complicated enough and always will be because he has teen parents." I said weak, I felt like passing out.

"Okay Amy, we are in the womb and your baby boy looks beautiful. Nurse please get Ricky so he can be in here." Was all I heard before passing out.