Chapter 30

Amy's POV

"It's a boy." She said as we heard little cries. She handed him off to the nurse and doctor who was checking him out and placing him in the incubator.

Doctor Robbins moved towards my stomach and did an ultrasound.

"Okay from the looks of it their still in breach position, I'm unfortunately going to have to open you up. Let's lower you down into the proper position, Ricky you can sit by her head." She spoke.

I felt them rub the numbing stuff and Betadine on my stomach, it was freezing.

Ricky was now in his chair next to my head. I could tell he was worried.

"We'll be okay Ricky. It's not the same as John okay. Now what should we name our son?" I said looking at him.

He squeezed my hand. "Johnny." Hell no.

"No, that was the same name of my old crush." I said with a scrunched up nose.

"Okay then what do you suggest?" He teased.

"I need to see him first." I said. He was able to get a glimpse of our son.

"Okay Amy it's time." Dr. Robbins said.

I felt a stream of liquid go down my stomach, it was blood.

"The first ones out. Congrats you have a baby girl." She said

I looked at Ricky, tears in both our eyes. "A boy and a girl."

"Okay. And the last one is out. It's another baby girl."

We watched as the doctors rolled all three incubators out of the OR.

We were soon taken back to our room after I was sown back up.

Ricky went to get some food and I took a lovey nap.

After a while Dr. Robbins came back in.

Ricky stood up and I sat up in bed.

"The triplets are having some trouble breathing but that's just because their lungs aren't fully developed but we have given them something to help them develop along. baby A's, your son's scans came back clean. As did baby's B and C. They all will be monitored in the NICU for a few months to help their bodies and organs to fully develop. Amy you will need to be here for a few weeks to let your abdomen to heal. You all did great. This is good."

"When can we see them?" Ricky asked.

"Ricky you can go in during visiting hours as long as you have the proper gear on. Amy unfortunately your scar needs to heal first so that no infections for bacteria is near them. And you won't be able to hold them yet." She said, I know she hated telling us that but she has to for the babies.

She walked out the door. "You should go pick John up and let everyone know what's going on." I spoke.