Chapter 25

Amy's POV

I sat there waiting for any news. They rushed him into surgery but I know nothing. I feel numb.

A nurse took me to see Dr. Robbins for a baby check up. I sat there waiting for her to come in, I have to just wait.

There was a knock in the door before she walked in. "Hi Amy. So your pregnant again? Let's make sure everything is okay with that baby of yours." She said as she grabbed the monitoring system.

I laid back on the bed and stared at the ceiling. I felt the cold gel and the pressure from the wand.

"Okay. So there is your baby. Wait hold on. Babies." I turned my head and looked at her confused.

"Twins?" I asked. "Yeah. They look nice and healthy. But I want to see you every two and a half weeks because twins can be more dangerous and since you had preeclampsia during your last pregnancy I just want to make sure nothing happens. Well you are free to go and have a nice night." She said before walking out the door.

I cleaned the gel and walked back to the waiting room with a hand in my stomach. Twins.

I felt two arms wrap around me tight. I looked up to see Ashley. I hugged her back for a few moments before breaking apart.

"Where's John?" I asked. "He's with mom, dad, Kathleen,  and Grace in the lobby. The doctor just came out and talked with Ricky's parents and Ethan. They went to see him." She said as we walked back.

I felt like I was in a daze. Ricky got shot. He might die who knows and I'm pregnant with twins. I'm so tired I could collapse and I did.

My legs went weak and I went to fall, I get Ashley catch and call for help before I closed my eyes.

I woke hearing beeping of monitors and machines. I looked around but it was dark. That's when I remembered what happened.

"Ricky." I murmured still trying to get out of this daze of waking up from a coma or something. I don't know.

"Amy? Amy are you awake?" Ricky's voice said. "Ricky." I called out.

A small light turned on and there stood the love of my life. Ricky underwood.

I felt a tear run down my cheek. "Your okay. Your not dead." I said in disbelief and utter shock.

"Hey, hey it's okay. I'm here. Im not dead. I'm right here and everything will be okay." He said walking over and sitting next to me. He took my hand in his and placed a soft kiss there.

"What happened?" I asked. "I'll get the doctor. She'll be glad your up." He hit the call button and soon dr. Robbins walked in with a nurse.

"Amy, your up that's great news." She said writing in her click board.

"What happened when I collapsed? Are the babies okay?" I asked her.

She gave me a bright smile. " you have been out for three days. Yes they are fine. You collapsed because you hadn't slept in two days so your body went into shit down mode because of everything that was going on. You can actually go home tomorrow." She walked out of the room, leaving me and Ricky.

"Shouldn't you be resting. You were shot." I said. He smiled and chuckled. "I'm fine the doctor cleared me to go home this morning. But I'm going to stay here with you three tonight. Johns been staying with Margret and Shakir. Your dad Kathleen, Grace, and Tom moved into a hotel until they find a new place. Your mom and Robby have been staying at your old house waiting for you to get better. Adrian and Omar and Adrian's parents are fine and home along with Jack and his family and Madison and Lauren. Ben and Bob got moved to maximum security in jail. Everything is okay. Ashley hasn't left your bed side but I told her that she should go stay with your mom since your dad is living in a hotel right now and that she needed to rest and that I wanted some time with my fiancé. Ethan and Kathy went back to school. Everything is okay. If anyone should be resting it's you super mom." He said.

"I want John. I'm not a super mom I put our son and babies in danger. I sent him away instead of taking him out of there myself." A year rolled down my face.

"You sent him away to keep him safe and you taught him that you never leave behind your family. And you sometimes have to make the hard choice Amy. Nothing is your fault. I'm okay, Johns okay, the babies are okay, your okay." He said gently as he crawled in bed next to me. He just laid there and held me tight.