Chapter 12

Amy's POV

I walked down stairs, getting ready to leave for school. "Morning mom. I just wanted you to know that Ricky is going to be taking me to my appointment the afternoon." I said grabbing something to eat.

"Okay. Be careful." She said making her coffee. "I will don't worry mom." I said grabbing my bag and walking out to the car where dad and Ashley were waiting.

I watched as the clock tikes by. It feels like forever before the lunch beep rings. Once it does I walk out to my locker and see Ricky standing there waiting for me.

I grab my things from my locker, making sure to locket it before we leave.

"So how's your first day back?" I asked him as we hear whispers as we walk by. Great another rumor.

"It been good. A lot of people asking me how I'm doing. They keep asking me if I knew you were pregnant before I was kidnapped. I told them it wasn't their business. It's nice to know people care and all I just need a break, ya know." He said looking at me with his charming smile that goes to his eyes.

"That's good." I said. I get irritated by the whispering. "Geez can everyone stop staring, I'm pregnant so what." I said as we walked down the hall.

I felt his hand grip around mine, holding it to let me know he's there. "Come on, let's get out of here." He said putting a comforting arm around my shoulder. I leaned my head down on his shoulder as we walked out of the school and to his car.

The drive to the appointment was quiet. I looked out the window thinking about the future.

"Amy." The nurse called into the waiting room. We stood and followed the nurse to the room.

I laid down on the bed and sighed. The nurse took my blood pressure and heart beat. Checked my wait and did all the normal stuff while we waited for the doctor for the ultrasound.

"Good morning Amy. Now who is this?" Dr. Hazel said walking into the room, eyeing Ricky as if she wanted to eat him. I wanted to throw up. He just looked away, getting uncomfortable.

"The father." Was all I said. "Okay. Welcome. Do you want to find out the sex of the baby today?" She asked. "Yes." I said getting annoyed with her looking at Ricky, like who does she think she is to be trying to hit on him, he's mine.

I glared at her, getting her to back off. I don't think Ricky noticed. But if he did I don't care.

She put the old gel on my stomach, causing me to flinch. Ricky took my hand. "You okay?" He asked. "Yeah, just cold." He gave me a slight smile.

I looked at the doctor. Once I saw her face I knew something was wrong, I squeezed Ricky's hand, worry and panic rushing through my head.

She turned the monitor towards me, I didn't see anything wrong, but I'm not a doctor. "Okay, it looks like your about 6 months pregnant and it's a baby boy."  She said. A boy, dad called it.

She looked back at the screen doing a few things while she cleaned off the gel on my stomach.

That's when I saw that look on her face, some is wrong.

"What is it?" I asked. "Huh, nothing." She said. "No something is wrong I can see it on your face. Is there something wrong with our baby?" I panicked.

"There's no need for alarm right now, I can't really tell on the ultrasound, I will need to take you back for some blood tests." She said.

Blood tests? What. He was perfectly healthy when we were here last, at least that's what we thought.

"How is this even possible he was fine when I was last here and now your tell me something might be wrong." I felt tears roll down my face .

I felt Ricky hold me against his chest since I was still on the bed sitting up with my knees to my stomach. He placed a soft kiss on my head. I put a hand in his arm that he had around me, leaning into his touch. How could be happening?

"Okay we should take you back for some blood tests. You can go with her." The doctor said looking at Ricky.

She took a couple ounces of my blood, gross. "Okay. The results will be in, in a couple of days. We will call you back in when we get them. For now I want you to stay home and get plenty of rest and make sure to take your prenatal vitamins." She said before walking out.

"I'll call us out for the rest of the week. The councilors will probably understand saying he's also having a baby." Ricky said. I hadn't realized it but he hasn't let go of my hand since we or here to the doctors office. "Okay." Was all I said feeling weak, lied to, and so much pain.

We walked to the car, hand in hand, no smiles present on our faces, just despair and sadness that something could be wrong with our son...