Chapter 13

Ricky's POV

We walked into school, everyone staring at us. Probably whispering about how miserable we look. Amy grabbed our school work while I talked to the counselor about needing the week off and why. He told me that he understood and he wishes us the best of luck.

I walked down the hall meeting Amy at her locker. She was grabbing the last of her things "ready to go?" I asked. "Yeah. Here's your work, they all said to take your time with it and Mr. Shellack says not to worry about band right now." She said, a year falling down her cheek. I didn't know what else to do but wrap my arms around her in a tight comforting hug, resting my chin on her head. Tear now we're spilling from my eyes.

I hate seeing such a kind soul in so much pain. What if something really is wrong with our son. Worry and fear was coursing through my body. The wait feeling endless.

I looked up. Please if your up there let everything be okay with our baby.

"Omg, Amy. What's wrong?" I looked over to see Madison, Lauren, Grace and Adrian all standing there looking at us.

"The doctor said something might be wrong with our son." Was all I could whisper to them.

Then I saw what I didn't expect, tears rolling down all their faces. Adrian hugged Grace while Lauren hugged Madison. I just stood there holding Amy and our son.

We entered Amy's house, not making a sound, our eyes red and puffy. I haven't let go of Amy's hand for a second.

I brought her into another hug. I knew she needed it because I needed it.

We heard footsteps come over to us. I looked up to see Amy's parents and sister.

"Amy! What's wrong?" That's when Amy broke. She started sobbing harder than she has all day, making more tears, bigger tears fall down my face.

"The doctor said," my voice cracking, not wanting to say it again, the more real it becomes. "What did she say?" Ashley asked, tears rolling down her face.

"That something might be wrong with o-our s-so-on." I broke, I leaned my head on top of hers, holding them tight, never wanting to let go.

Ashely turned around and hugged her dad, barring her head in his chest. He held onto Anne and Ashely, letting his own tears fall.

I hated seeing such a kind family in so much pain.

Amy had fallen asleep crying in my arms, I carried her up to her room and tucked her in bed. I laid there next to her, holding her close to me.