Chapter 2

A few months earlier.

Mataimtim akong napabuntong hininga ng pumasok ako sa napakalaking pintuan ng opisina ni Allen Romualdez, the CEO of the textile company that I am applying for as his secretary. When I was ushered into his magnificent office hindi ko mapigilan ang pagkamangha sa mamahaling mga gamit na nakahilira sa bawat sulok ng silid. It screams luxury, starting from the soft leather couch to the glorious carpet na nakalatag sa sahig na para bang isang malaking kasalanan na maapakan ang ganito kagandang gamit and let's not even start mentioning the paintings hanging on the walls of this spacious office, you can immediately see how different his world is compared to mine. The room was well thought of and probably has the biggest influence from Allen Romualdez himself, his office screams masculinity and power, no one can deny the statement he is trying to convey just looking at his office space.

I cleared my throat trying to whisk away the distractions and focus on what I intended to do instead. It took a long time to carefully laid out this plan and I am one step closer to fulfilling my dreams and so I cannot afford to get derailed by this façade. The connections I built with the employees of this company are years in the making and now it has finally paid off, having been referred to apply for this post is truly a dream come true. This is the perfect opportunity to get closer to him, to have ready access to his life, I can slowly get my plans set in motion without alerting Allen of any form of sabotage.

Napabuntong hininga ulit ako, containing my anger within. I must be careful not to show my real feelings, I have practiced so many times to be better at hiding my real emotions so I must not do anything to ruin my plans. I stood there confidently putting my mask on when I saw him sitting on his swivel chair, nakayuko ito habang seryosong nakatingin sa kanyang monitor. He is well dressed, very well dressed if I would be honest, his black suit was custom fit showing his broad shoulders right in front of me, clearly alagang-alaga nito ang sarili. My eyes went to his face, and I could not believe how good-looking this man was, the pictures I saw in the past did not give justice now that I am seeing him in the flesh. Allen's brows were crossed as I watched his alluring lips mumble something under his breath.

Wow, those lips. I gulped. 

His well-formed nose was a give-away like it was sculpted perfectly together with his chiseled jaw. Even if his hair was neatly combed, you cannot find a single strand of hair out of place. His brows were thick and dark but well-formed, and his skin was flawless with no traces of any form of blemishes. He is an epitome of perfection and beauty, even a woman can be jealous of his good looks and background.

If only I did not know of his dark past, I would have easily fallen for his physical charms in a heartbeat, but no, Allen Romualdez is my mortal enemy, and nothing can make me change my mind about him. 

He moved his eyes away from what he was doing and was astonished to see me standing in his doorway, he then made a quick scan of every fiber of my being. His eyes went from my face, down to my legs and then back to my eyes. His brows raised like he was questioning what I was doing in his office. I reluctantly moved closer and castigated myself when I felt a little intimated by his stare. I tried to pull myself back. 

I smiled, the sweetest smile I have mastered all these years. "Hello Mr. Romualdez, I am here for the interview?" My lips curved when I saw his eyes showing curiosity as he continued to look at me. I prepare for this day and role-play it in my mind a million times, the first thing is to draw my cards well starting with how I look. Allen has a type, based on the intel I gathered. Allen Romualdez is interested mostly in fair-skinned women, who love the outdoor and sports, he also loves them if they are wearing long light hair with perfect curves and good bodies. Typical to be honest but I emulated those features carefully, dying my hair light blond for this interview and selecting an outfit emphasizing my curves, I wanted to tap myself in the back as I can see that my effort is truly paying off and now that Allen's gaze is on me I have to make sure I do this right. I walked slowly, emphasizing my movements as I headed toward his mahogany desk. I know that his eyes are now on my chest as he can't resist watching my novice temptation. Of course, I made sure that he would pay attention, my sleeves were too tight that my chest was screaming for a good release while my skirt was just above my knees creating an illusion of being classy but enough to have any man imagine all the good things I can offer.