Chapter 22

Ram was securing Viviene while dragging her out of the Hospital building, the commotion garnered interest from other staff and patients making it a little too crowded that the guards were tasked to bring order once again.

"Go back to your beds please!" They shouted at the patients.

I pull Allen out of the ICU as we head back to his room then I close the door afterwards trying to block the noises away. Laura stayed behind filling in the details of what transpired to the other policemen who just arrived.

Nakaupo si Allen sa higaan nito habang malakas ang kanyang pagbuntong-hininga.

"How are you feeling?" I asked him.

"I'm not sure, first it's Louie now it's Vivs, how gullible am I to be fooled like this? I can't believe Viviene can do this to me. She is supposed to be family." Allen clasped his knuckles as I saw the tightening of his jaw.

"Oh, Allen..." I touched his face.

"I want to understand why she would do such a thing, I can't phantom where that hatred is coming from" he uttered more to himself.

"We can get those details from Ram after they get the final confession from Viviene. You need to rest Allen." I whispered to him.

"I want to go home; I don't think I can stay in this hospital for another day," he said sounding frustrated.

"We can't do that without your doctor's permission. Please just be a little patient for now" I tried to appease him.

He sighed loudly.

"If you need time alone, I'll go with Laura and check on her." I said ready to step away nang bigla akong hilahin pabalik ni Allen.

"Stay, please. Stay with me" and with that, he immediately kissed my lips as I tasted the anger and pain and the betrayal he felt within, and I took it all in as I responded to his emotions with empathy and understanding.

We were on that state ng muling bumukas ang pinto and in a flash the kiss broke, and I moved five steps away from Allen embarrassed by the act we just shared. My eyes went to the door and the terrified look of Laura made me lose all my inhibition.

Something is wrong.

"Allen, your father... He collapsed!" she uttered. 

We trailed our way to the emergency room and when we got there, I roamed my eyes around looking for Michael while Allen stood silently right beside me.

"What happened?" He immediately asked the doctor and nurses right after they intubated his dad. Michael's chest was open as the doctor continued to do CPR on him.

The horror in my eyes was undeniable, this looks serious. He was here earlier and now, he seems to be in a critical condition.

The attending physician pulled Allen to the side. "Are you, his son?" He asked.

"Yes, I'm Allen Romualdez my dad Michael" he responded na paika-ikang nakatingin sa kanyang ama.

"Okay, we need you to sign some papers immediately, your father's life is at stake here, he would need surgery at the soonest possible time..." he narrated.

"What's happened to him?" I heard Allen ask again.

The doctor breathed in. "He has been poisoned" he stated, and I felt my face turn white realizing what I had just heard, napalingon ako sa kinaroroonan ni Allen at hindi niya maitatago ang gulat at pangamba na nasa kanyang mukha para sa ama.

"Is he gonna be, okay?" He managed to say.

Umiiling na nakatingin ang doktor sa amin habang pinipigilan nito ang sarili na magbigay ng opinyon. "We will try our best Mr. Romualdez, but I recommend to just prepare for the worst yourself." Saad nito sa amin.