Chapter 5

The thumping of my heels echoed the marble floor of the office building that early Monday morning, I then went into the glorious office of Allen Romualdez and momentarily paused and studied the empty desk in front of me realizing na abot kamay ko na ang mga natatanging impormasyon sa kompanyang pagmamay-ari ng aking kaaway, having this power and how much details I can leverage to be used against him is what I have been waiting as an opportunity for a very long time and he wouldn't even see it coming, I'll make sure of it.

I was standing there suppressing my evil grin when the door suddenly burst open and an unfamiliar man went in.

He walked in displaying an air of much confidence when he stopped in his tracks and raised a curious brow.

"Ohhhh, are you the new secretary?" Tanong nito ng diretsiyahan. He is smaller in build compared to Allen, but this one is way more outgoing in terms of personality.

"Good morning, I'm Geraldine Castro the new secretary, I am officially starting today." Pagpapakilala ko sa aking sarili.

He smiled flirtatiously while he looked at me from head to foot. "Boy, I never thought Allen would hire such beauty." Komento nito.

He is complimenting my looks, but he just seems so arrogant that it's almost making me feel uncomfortable. I tried to mask my annoyance and smile at him instead.

"I'm sorry, I'm new and I'm not familiar with the company's employees yet, may I know who you are?" I dared ask.

"Oops, that was rude of me." Anito sabay ayos ng kanyang buhok, slowing each movement like he is in a photo shoot.

You think? I want to roll my eyes.

"I am Louie Romero, Allen's business partner" saad nito sabay kuha ng aking kamay.

I shook his hand and felt his grip underneath, I was about to end the handshake ng muling bumukas ang pintuan at pumasok si Allen capturing what transpired between Louie and me.

I saw the darkening of his eyes, but he was quick to snap it aside. Am I imagining it? Louie then walked towards him and tapped Allen's shoulder like they were best buddies in the entire world.

"You didn't tell me you have a new secretary; you are breaking your rules mate can't say I blame you" makahulugang sabi nito.

What rules are he talking about? 

"Cut it out Louie." Pagbabanta nito.

Louie raised his hand conveying a gesture of defeat, ngunit hindi parin nawawala ang ngiti nito.

"I need you to go to HR Geraldine and request the needed access to the tools, let me know once you're done because I need you during the lunch meeting." He commanded and I immediately did what was asked.

"See you later Geraldine" pahabol na sambit ni Louie.

Napansin ko ang ibang pakikitungo ni Allen sa akin ng umagang iyon, I was expecting more warmth, I mean considering the time we spent together that could have been a development of our relationship.

I grimaced at the thought. I am expecting more from him. My father will roll himself out of the grave if he can hear my inner foolishness.

My steps were firm heading to the human resource wanting to end these horrible thoughts once and for all. For now, I need to have the needed access to the company's information, soon enough this craziness I am thinking will diminish. I truly hope so.

I was taking notes of what the lunch meeting was about, and I was taken aback by how these corporate sessions come into play. A lot of opposing thoughts came into view, especially in the budget aspect. Louie is the dark horse of the group; he usually opposes ideas and cuts people's proposals without regard. Allen seems to be the cool-headed one, which is surprising to me, to be honest. He was just calm and collected and I noticed that if an idea was worth his time, he usually asked for additional input before he decided if it was going to be worthwhile. These two gentlemen are opposites, and it is interesting to see this dynamic, which perhaps works for both. The last topic they talked about was this new rising fashion designer, she has increased her fame and popularity at such a massive rate that everyone wanted to work with her, and Allen's company is not much different from this kind of strategy. They discussed how they could get an exclusive partnership with her brand considering other competitors.