Chapter 6

Naging mailap si Michelle Cinco sa pagtanggap ng imbetasyong ipinadala ko sa kanya and now I have been waiting for days just to get confirmation if she is willing to meet with me and Allen. Hindi naman nakakapagtaka na mas naging mapanuri ang designer sa mga business dealings na tinatanggap nito ngunit kahit simpleng pagtanggi sa aking pagmamagandang loob ay hindi pa nito magawa.

I pouted annoyed by things I can't control. Napabuntong-hininga ako squeezing my brain out how I can make this fashion designer at least give it a shot with us but after a few minutes of sighing back and forth I concluded that there's no other choice but to follow up with another email. I readily clicked sent after I formulated my sentences and mindlessly stood up and stretched my aching back. I have been sitting for a while now and my lower torso is killing me.

"Tired?" Allen asked out of nowhere na muntik ko nang ikahimatay, my eyes widened from the initial shock.

"Sorry, I was just stretching," I replied with a hint of panic, why I felt this way was beyond me.

"You look pale, have you eaten lunch already?"

Without much thought, I checked my wristwatch and was astounded to see that it was almost 2 PM.

No wonder I am tired.

"I guess that's a No" pagtatagpi ni Allen sa aking reaksiyon. "Come on now, we need to feed you" he then readily took my hand and together we stood side by side in the elevator door waiting for the compartment to open. For a moment I was unable to comprehend the warm sensation of Allen's palm on my skin, his actions seemed too natural and I started to question if I was overreacting to this situation however the fact that several curious glances went out way made a confirmation that Allen's action is not normal and acceptable but when I looked at him his face remains pleasant and didn't seem to mind the budding judgement from his other employees.

After minutes have passed, we are now in the basement walking while Allen is still holding my hand. I could have easily snatched it away, but I chose not to.

Why? I am not sure.

When we reached his car, he gently opened the passenger door and ushered me inside. I was just going with the flow and still unable to fully internalize what was happening with him when I said.

"Allen, do you think this is right?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" he asked me back while he continued to maneuver the steering wheel out of the parking lot and into the merging traffic.

"I mean, this" I tried to paint the picture of what I meant by pointing at him and me.

"You mean us taking a late lunch together?" He clarified.

Ugh! He is dragging it out of me. 

"I mean that and the fact you were holding my hand from the office and into the basement. People might misunderstand" I tried to be specific.

"You haven't eaten your lunch, and you might faint so I offered support to make sure you won't lose your balance and hit your head" he uttered adding to his ridiculous excuse.

Bigla akong sumimangot realizing his playing coy and I know he will continue to act dumb if I just press it even further.

You know exactly what I mean! I wanted to say.

Suddenly a chuckle broke inside the car and Allen's reddening cheek was obviously on display.

"I'm sorry you just look adorable, pouting your lips like that, Adorable."

I look at him again equally tongue-tied and stunned. This man is charming and good-looking.

"You are such a kid, I swear!" Comes my next reply.