Chapter 18

I decided to go to work on that Monday morning. I am not sure what else I can do now that Allen is still in the hospital, but I also wanted to see if there are any leads, I can look at to progress my investigation. When I arrived at the office, I could see the eyes of the other employees maliciously whispering in front of me. It's obvious gossip has been flying here and there, probably they have heard that I was with Allen in a private beach house naked and shot to death.

Oh well, it's a fact anyway.

I tried to shrug off the uneasy feeling while I put on a brave face acting courageous than I originally felt. When I reached my floor, Kyla and Lien were there having their morning briefing. They stopped midway as their eyes went in my direction.

"The audacity of this woman! Gaano ba kakapal ang mukha mo para magpakita ka pa dito?" Lien sarcastically said she was more aggressive and confident than usual. She might be thinking that since Allen is away for now, she can exercise her power. 

Pathetic.

"Ano ba ang kasalanan ko sa iyo Lien? Why are you so mean to me?" I responded to her.

She glared at me. "Seryoso, hindi mo alam? Ikaw na isang haliparot na walang ginawa kundi akitin si Sir Allen ng harap-harapan. At dahil diyan sa kababuyan mo kaya siya napahamak. Wala ka bang konsensiya na ikaw ang dahilan kaya wala na si Sir Allen?! At heto ka ngayon may lakas loob na magpakita at muling bumalik sa opisinang ito na parang walang nangyari?!" Anito sa akin na pinipigilan ang sariling hindi mapaiyak.

Ano ang sinasabi nito na wala na si Allen?

"Ano ang ibig mong sabihin na..." Biglang naputol ang nais ko sanang ipahayag ng bumulagta sa aking tagiliran si Viviene. She's wearing a fine office suit in pastel color matching her skirt and heels. She looked wonderful, despite the circumstance. Sa tabi nito ay isang matangkad na matandang lalaki na kitang-kita ang bravado, he might be older now, but you can see the toughness in those handsome eyes. I now have a glimpse of how Allen would look like forty years from now.

Anong ginagawa ni Viviene at ama ni Allen dito? 

"Good morning po Miss Viviene at Sir Romualdez" bati ng mga empleyado nito sa bagong dating.

"Lien, tama na yan. Geraldine went through the same trauma too. Hindi niya kasalanan ang nangyari sa aking pinsan." Pagbibigay linaw ni Viviene sa sitwasyon. She took her handkerchief and blew her nose gently. It must have been tough for her seeing Allen that way. I felt sorry for her.

"Who do we have here?" The older Romualdez asked, his voice roaring showcasing much authority. Even at his age, he can still make anyone feel intimidated.

"Uncle, this is Geraldine, Allen's secretary." Pagpapakilala ni Vivs.

"I see, I am Michael Romualdez, father of Allen." He extended his hand for a handshake which I accepted openly. "Geraldine, will you come to my office, please? I need to speak with you in private. Vivs, please follow me."

Tumango ako and a part of me is thinking what office he is talking about and that's when I realized he is occupying the sanctuary where Allen spent most of his time fulfilling his dreams. Before I fully ushered myself sa dating opisina ni Allen ay ramdam ko ang mga matitinik na mata ni Lien sa akin. I maintained my composure and followed Michael and Viviene along. When I stepped inside the office, I gasped seeing how different it was compared before, it's only past two months and they have already torn down his office na para bang hindi na babalik si Allen.

"Are you shock to see the new interior?" Michael asked about habang komportable itong nakaupo sa upuan ni Allen.

I nodded but I didn't say a word.