Chapter 11

"I'd rather not test the water with you Allen I might drown in the process" makahulagang sabi ko sa kanya.

"Would it be really bad to drown with me?" Balik na tanong nito sa akin.

Yes.

"Tigilan na nga natin tong ganitong usapan. Let me know how the meeting with Michelle was aside from the obvious flirting that happened between you and her" I tried to dodge the topic away.

"Aha! So that is the real reason why you didn't join us, you want to see if I will respond to her advancements." He nailed me on the head.

"What? You are imagining things" I responded while Allen settled my bill. When it was done, he guided me to the valet area and told me to stay put.

"Ihahatid na kita, gabi na... it would be risky to go home alone." Saad nito.

"But..." I wanted to complain.

"Shhhh... If you resist, I will kiss you here in public and I'll do it, Geraldine. You know I would I would love to do it so yeah, resist with all you might." He threatened.

I raised my hands as a gesture of surrender. "You win."

"Good girl" sabi nito sabay halik sa aking labi, it was just a peck on my lips but enough to backflip my heart.

We were in his car when he started sharing what transpired in the conversation with Michelle Cinco, I wonder if she mentioned anything about Louie's meet-up.

"She wanted to test the quality of our textile first before she signed any formal contract with us. She's planning to release a few batches of the collection and wanted to see how marketable it would be, but the catch is he wanted me to model some of her designs. I am not sure how to feel about it for now but that's the plan." He shared.

The question is somewhat reasonable but why does she want Allen to take part in the marketing? It's much of a stretch, to say the least.

"Did she say how come it took a while for her to respond to our invitation?" I asked.

"Yeah, she said she was out of the country, and she has other commitments that she might have missed the email. She was apologetic enough when she mentioned it, could be true."

Or not, she was with Louie having a conversation and a meal together, something happened to that negotiation and that's prompting her to reach out to Allen now.

I kept my mouth shut trying to approach this more logically. Instead, I gave him my address at matulin ito sa pagmamaneho heading to my apartment. When we arrived at my building, he parked his car securely and stepped out of his vehicle.

"Are you not going to invite me for coffee or tea?" he asked with all seriousness.

I hesitated for a bit, I have much doubt that coffee or tea is the only thing that I'll be offering to Allen.

I was about to speak up and answer his question when someone walked towards me and pulled my hand away, giving me much distance from where Allen was standing. Napalingon ako at nakita ko si Ram na seryosong nakatingin kay Allen, he looks mad.

"Ano ang ginagawa ng isang boss sa bahay ng kanyang empleyado? Kaugnay pa rin ba ito sa trabaho?" Saad nitong hindi binibitiwan ng tingin si Allen.

Biglang nag iba ang disposisyon ni Allen at mismo ito ay naging masama ang tingin kay Ram.

"Keep your hands off Geraldine, as a police officer this is a form of sexual harassment!" His voice roared.

Magkakilala ba ang dalawang ito?