Chapter 9

The hush and whispers lingered in the air after we got back from work. Whore, the seductress and social climber were just the nicknames they threw at me. In a way I cannot blame the female rage, Allen Romualdez is a price anyone wanted to aim but I took that illusion away. So, I have no choice but to bear the heat until my plan is concluded.

My thoughts were interrupted when the phone suddenly rang, I readily picked up the receiver and answered it.

"Hello, Allen Romualdez office, how can I help?"

"Can I speak to Al please?" The woman on the other line spoke politely.

Al huh?

"Mr. Romualdez is still in a meeting, may I know who this is please?" I asked further.

"Ohh this is embarrassing, it's alright I'll just visit his office before lunch. You can tell him, Viviene called." Anito.

"I'll take note Miss Viviene" We hung up the phone after she thanked me repeatedly.

I paused and looked at the receiver for a moment and wondered who it was.

A girlfriend? I felt a sudden punch in my chest contemplating that possibility.

After I sent a voice message to Allen about the incoming guest, I patiently waited for him would proactively correct any misunderstanding that may form due to this phone call, but unfortunately, he didn't do so.

Before the clock struck twelve, right in queue I heard stilettos slowly heading my way and witnessed the woman wearing a flowy white dress that hugged perfectly to her body, nakalugay ang mahabang buhok nito while she was smiling kindly at me.

"Hello, I called earlier, I am Viviene. Is Al in?" She asked.

She is beautiful, her full lips add to her charms. She looked familiar though, but I had no time to dig deeper. Her eyes were wide with anticipation as she waited for my reply.

I smiled back reminding myself to do my job well.

"Yes, Sir Allen is expecting you." I stood up and guided Viviene to Allen's office.

Nang bumukas ang pintuan I saw how Allen's face lit up and he easily dropped everything he was doing and quickly traced the steps heading to the unknown woman, he immediately scooped her in his arms and kissed her on the cheek. I was so taken aback by his warm display that I suddenly felt a pang of envy by just merely looking at his reaction.

Am I Jealous? Seriously?!

"Geraldine, can you cancel all my afternoon appointments, please? I'll leave early for now" he instructed which left me wide mouth ngunit madali din akong tumango.

I watched the two frames walk together side by side, Allen's hands were on her waist guiding and supporting Viviene.

"Who was that?" Kyla sneaked behind me and asked.

"I am not sure" was my only reply.

"I guess you are not exclusive huh?" Pangungutya na sambit ni Lien which annoys me more.

"You are all mistaken, nothing is going on between us ni Sir Allen" I uttered with finality.

Nagkibit balikat ang dalawa at tuluyang lumayo sa aking kinatatayuan.

I spent the afternoon completing my pending action items and when the clock struck seven in the evening, I realized that Allen didn't return to the office anymore.

I was feeling a little under the weather when my cellphone started ringing, I answered it and a shriek was heard on the other line. It was a sound of excitement and fun.