Chapter 15

"I can't believe that the man I liked is your boss!" Laura uttered frantically during our afternoon meet-up. "Is there something happening between the two of you? I mean no one will pay a million for a mere employee, right?" She tried to pry.

"Laura... I..." I tried to reason out.

"Don't lie to me Geraldine, you know that I can call your bluff" she threatened.

I suddenly sipped my iced coffee and gulped it straight.

"I knew it! You like him too!" Laura blurted out of nowhere. "Why do we have to like the same man? I hate it!"

"What? What made you say that?" I asked baffled by her comment. 

Do I like Allen? I can't do that, right?

"Ohhh hush! Look at you right now, you are blushing! No way you're going to deny that!"

"But..." I wanted to set the record straight however I got interrupted when Ram went into the coffee shop in his usual leather jacket, wearing some black trousers and sunglasses. Looking like an action star.

How did he know I was here?

"Is this hottie heading in our direction?" Laura asked following Ram's movements.

"Hi, are you busy?" Tanong ni Ram out of nowhere.

"Me? Are you talking to me?" Laura smiled. "Not busy at all!" she added.

Tinanggal ni Ram ang suot na glasses and apologetically stared at Laura. "Sorry si Geraldine and tinutukoy ko" he clarified.

"Really Geraldine?" Laura uttered exasperated. She rolled her eyes for added effect. 

"How did you know I am here?" I curiously asked.

"I don't really, coincidence na nakita kita dito, I came over because I wanted to say Hi." He explained.

"Can we talk some other time Ram? My friend is not in the mood right now and she is very territorial." I side-eye Laura and her reaction was priceless making Ram chuckle.

"Not true! Not true at all!" Laura defended herself. 

Napailing lamang si Ram habang nakatingin sa aming dalawa. "Of course, call me when you can talk. I need to tell you something important about what we are working on. Nice to meet you..." pahabol nitong sabi kay Laura before he waved goodbye and went to the counter to order a take-out coffee probably for his buddies in the precinct.

"He didn't even wait for me to tell my name. What's with you and these hot men? Seriously! Life is not fair!" Laura blurted again.

"I have no idea what you are talking about" patay malisya kong sagot sa kanya. The bantering continues for the next few hours until the afternoon strikes. After that, I decided to head home and enjoy the remaining hours of my rest day. 

Later that night Ram invited me to his place to have dinner, I was not putting much thought into it so I said yes to him. I knocked a few times and when the door finally open isang nakangiting Ram ang sumalubong sa akin. 

He is not bad-looking at all.  

"Sorry kanina ka pa ba? Kakatapos ko lang maligo" saad ni Ram habang naamoy ko ang sabong gamit nito sa katawan. Does that make me creepy? He ushered me inside his apartment, and it was decent enough considering the space. He doesn't have much furniture but the essentials are there so it felt spacious, and I like it. 

"Do you like being a minimalist or something?" tanong ko dito. 

"No not at all, but I can't live in a chaotic space and since maliit lang ang lugar I have to be smart sa mga furniture na ginagamit ko" he explained.