Chapter 13

My head felt like splitting in half the moment I woke up, it has been weeks since Ram made his confession on the rooftop and I still don't know what to make of it, how it turned out this way is beyond me. There's more complication I am dealing with Allen, and now Ram is supposed to be a comrade, a friend, but he must tell me his feelings, and now things got muddled. I stood up and I could feel the world around me spin.

Why do I have a headache? Such a hassle.

The phone rang on my bedside table, and I slowly took it and answered.

"Geraldine! I need to see you; I think I found the man for me!" Laura's shriek was adding to my pain, but I managed to answer her.

"Where did you find this mystery man?" I probe while I massage my temple.

"In the hotel conference, I had to attend by force since Dad would have to miss it and they need someone to represent him, good thing I went there. I was with a family acquaintance, and she was there with his brother, I didn't even know that his brother could be that hot, he is such a force, Geraldine! I can't believe that I am in love at first sight." She exaggerated.

"But did you at least talk?" I asked again.

"Yes, we had a few conversations here and there and I can see how smart he is" she shrieked again. "Can you meet with me today?" She added.

I sighed, I really wanted to but it was my rest day and I was not feeling well. "I may have to raincheck on that Laura, I'm sorry. I have a massive headache today and everything around me is just unsteady" I explained. I can hear a change of her tone and she then said right after.

"Have you taken any medicine yet? Do you want me to be there to take care of you?" She uttered with sincerity.

I smiled while holding on to my cell phone "Thank you, Laura, I'll be fine. I'll take some medicine then go back to sleep. I'll be okay afterward." I assured her.

"Let me know if you need anything okay? I'll see you some other time, please be well"

We bid goodbye to each other, and I smiled thinking that whoever that man that captured Laura's interest would realize that my friend was a handful but her heart was in the right place so he just needed to be a little patient.

A knock on my front door made me groan, now I must walk and open it.

What is it this time? Leave me alone! 

I grimaced from the pain in my head, but I managed to reach the door, I halfway opened it making sure I knew the person on the other side before I welcomed them fully.

Ram looked at me with concern in his eyes. "Are you sick?" Tanong nito.

"I have a headache and a slight fever, but I'll be fine Ram. Is there anything you need from me?" I politely asked despite my current state.

"I wanted to invite you to watch a movie, but I think that's not a good idea anymore. Have you taken any medicine yet?" he asked as he reached out for my forehead checking my temperature.

Napailing ako. "Not yet I was about to look in my medicine cabinet but mukhang naubusan na ako."

"Wait here, I'll go to the pharmacy quick"

Bago paman ako makatanggi sa alok nito ay bigla nang tumalikod si Ram. I closed the door again and crawled my way back to bed when my cellphone rang again.

What is wrong with these people?

"Hello?" I answered showing no more energy to fight the inevitable forces around me.