Chapter 26

I stood up and pulled my towel back as I covered my nakedness while I tried to pick up my shattered pride waiting for the dreadful truth of how I lost myself again in Allen's witchery. I fixate my eyes on the floor afraid to look at him. I hate myself right now.

I intake some air.

I felt my energy drained and my voice uttered softly. "What do you want to talk about Allen?" Tanong ko dito.

"I have read your letter..." he started saying.

Yes, sinabi mo na yan kanina.

"I realized I overreacted the last time we talked. I should have allowed you to speak and explain yourself." He stated as he carefully articulated the words.

Is he trying to apologize here? 

"I saw you with someone else in the parking lot, I went to the office building wanting to make amends and talk to you, but you were with a woman. She hops into your car as I see you kiss her there." I recalled that memory.

He dropped his gaze this time and exhaled loudly. "I was hurt and stupid that I thought having someone else fill my cold night would make me forget you... I was wrong Geraldine. I was so wrong."

"What are we doing Allen?" I uttered with exhaustion. Confused about what's the point of all this? I shouldn't have come at all; this is truly a mistake.

I sat there at the edge of the bed feeling weaker than ever while I wrapped my towel securely like it was the last form of defense, I had against the pain that I was about to feel any moment now.

"I looked for you Geraldine, I wanted to set things right, but you weren't here anymore. I tried to ask Laura to beg for her to tell me where you were but never did, she gave in. I was too scared, too afraid that I'd see you with someone else in this wedding, that you have fully moved on from me. That it's too late. You just don't know the relief I felt when I saw you earlier at the cabin door alone and no wedding ring. I thought maybe there is still a chance to make things right with you..." salaysay nito.

I felt the air thicken when I noticed myself sniffling. My chest suddenly felt heavy as he spilled all those words at me.

"I'm sorry for everything that I did, I was blinded by the anger of the betrayal that Vivs imparted to my life and how those acts killed my father. I felt cheated that everything around me seemed like a lie orchestrated by other people's selfish desires. When I heard that you did the same the pain was insufferable, the thought that keeps on prompting in my mind is, have you ever loved me or is it all a deliberate act to make me fall for you instead? And that was too much for me to bear because the truth is I loved you very much, I was so in love with you Geraldine that thinking that it's all a lie made me lose all rational thoughts." Patuloy nito sa pagsasalita.

Allen moved an inch closer as I was there staring at him, raw emotions in my eyes.

"Did you just change your mind because of my letter?" I asked curiously.

Umiiling nitong sagot. "It was Ram who helped me see the truth, he made me see it from a different perspective, he talked to me and probably we exchanged a few or two punches but he made me see it through his lens. I was so consumed by my bitterness that I forgot you lost a father too, witnessing his death right after was probably the most difficult thing a daughter can ever experience. Especially that all that happens because of what my dad did. I owe you an apology, Geraldine. I'm sorry for the mistakes that Michael imparted to Eddie and I'm sorry for not understanding enough to listen to you when you begged me to do so" he touched my hand and I slowly felt the warmth of his skin against mine.

Oh, Ram, you are a Rockstar.

"I'm sorry too Allen, I wanted to come out clean and bear the truth before, but I was a coward, too afraid that you might not understand. My feelings for you are genuine, I might have started this as a deliberate act in the beginning, but I did fall for you, I genuinely love you." I uttered, breaking my voice down as the tears started to fall.