six

✧˖*°࿐ DARLING, YOU LOOK PERFECT TONIGHT
ed sheeran

"And you're sure you have everything you need?" Chris asked, watching his daughter load her things onto the bus.

She rolled her eyes. "Yes! For the eleventh time."

Aven walked onto the bus, greeting the team hello as she took an open seat, some of the boys already going for a nap.

"Is this spot taken?" Jack asked, coming to sit beside her as she shook her head. "Long drive ahead of us."

"Seven hours." Aven popped her lips. "But I'm really looking forward to this team dinner tonight."

Jack chuckled. "The only thing keeping me sane right now."

Aven bit her lip, leaning closer to him. "My dad asked me if there was a power outage last night. We never turned the cameras back on."

Jack brought his fingers to his lips, attempting to contain his smile. "I knew we were forgetting something."

She shook her head, falling back into her seat. She began to drift off, her temple slowly falling to meet Jacks shoulder. His cheeks grew hot, his heart beat pounding.

His brunette strands came to lay on the top of her head as he shut his eyes, the two falling asleep.

"Ay, lovebirds." Nico's thick accent aired as he shook them awake. Aven rubbed her eyes, slipping off Jacks shoulder as she glanced around. "We're in Philadelphia."

"Already?" Jack whined, standing up to stretch.

Aven tucked her hair behind her ear, grabbing her things. "Jack, cmon."

Jack grabbed his phone, brushing a hand through his hair as the two exited the bus, the sun beginning to set as their bags were being brought into the hotel.

Chris handed them all their keycards, directing them on which floor. Aven flipped hers over, glancing at Jack. "What did you get."

"433." Jack read, gesturing towards her card. "You?"

She smiled. "432."

Jack parted his lips, following her to the elevator. "Neighbors, huh?" He pressed the shiny four, keeping their suitcases close to them.

"Just can't escape you, Hughes." Aven walked out of the elevator, her suitcase rolling behind her. She winked at Jack before shutting her door.

As Aven began to unpack she heard the sudden banging on the connecting door. She scoffed, unlocking it as she threw it open.

"Sorry. I've never opened one of these." Jack admitted, his cheeks flush with embarrassment.

"God, you're twelve." She shook her head, leaving it open as she hung her dress up. Jack stayed in the doorway, watching.

Aven met his gaze, cocking a brow at him. "I have to shower, so, uh, this is getting closed."

Jack nodded with his hands up as she shut the door, leaving it unlocked. Aven rinsed off her body, feeling dirty from sitting on the bus for hours.

She dried her body, moisturizing every inch as she sprayed perfume and applied deodorant. She redid her makeup, finishing it off with lipgloss.

With the towel wrapped around her body she locked the connecting room door, hearing Jacks footsteps. She slipped the matching black set accompained by the silk black dress. She tied the bands around her ankles.

Aven walked over the mirror, fluffing her light hair before matching it with a red lip. She turned, grabbing her hand bag before unlocking the door.

"Jack?" She knocked, he hummed. "Come in."