twenty-seven

✧˖*°࿐ YOU LEFT ME NO CHOICE BUT TO STAY HERE FOREVER
taylor swift

"Okay, so..." Bella brushed her air from her face, tightening her cardigan around her body. "Remember how Jack introduced you to Luke?"

"Yeah?" Aven nodded, crossing her arms.

"Well, Tyler was there. Tyler is Dylan's little brother. Anyways, Luke told him how you were Jacks girlfriend and blah blah. Long story short, Luke told a lot of the hockey boys and that's probably how the girls know."

Aven rubbed her hands over her face, feeling her cheeks grow hot from annoyance and the cold. "I'm gonna strangle him."

"Calm down." Bella attempted to soothe her. "Hey, that should give you bragging rights. You dated, like, one of the hottest guys ever."

"You're not helping." Aven sucked her teeth, rolling her eyes. "I denied it. I told her that it wasn't true."

Bella cocked a brow. "Why? I mean, the cats already out of the bag."

"I panicked." Aven shrugged with a groan, following Bella inside the hall. "It doesn't even matter. We'll just keep it under the radar."

"Sure." Bella nodded. "Don't you have to see him? Like, tomorrow?"

Aven shook her head, staring at her packed bags. "Nope. I have no reason to be at the Prudential Center. It's not like I work there anymore."

"Yeah, true." Bella nodded, both of their heads turning towards the door. "Lily!"

Lily walked in, her aburn hair in a loose braid as she wore baggy clothing. She rubbed her eyes, smiling softly. "Great to see your smiling face early."

"I know." Bella scoffed. "This is my friend, Aven. The one I told you about."

"Oh my, God." Lily kept the smile on her face. "It's so nice to finally meet you. I'm sorry I hadn't had the chance, finals suck."

Aven chuckled. "I get it. It's nice to meet you."

"When do you leave?" Bella asked, watching Lily wipe her face with a wipe.

"Tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait to be back in Florida weather." Lily groaned.

Bella flipped her off. "Lucky you. Jersey is warmer by a degree. Probably not even. But go blue, baby."

Lily stuck her tongue out at the brunette. "Aven, you coming out tonight? It's the last party before break. Plus, we haven't gotten the chance to know each yet."

Aven glanced over to Bella, earning puppy dog eyes from her as Aven threw her head back. "Yeah, sure. Why not. Just a reminder, our flight is at five am."

Bella's lips parted as she rolled her lips into her mouth. "On second thought, maybe we should just go to Jacobs."

"How's that?" Aven asked, looking between the two.

"He's captain of the hockey team. He has his own little house with Steven." Lily explained, running her finger through her knotted hair.

Bella hummed with a nod. "It's like a two block walk. I'm sure Ethan, Dylan, and the guys from last night will be there."

"Okay." Aven nodded, chuckling softly at the remembrance from the night before.

"I swear to God, if Rutger starts with his dude perfect TikTocks...I'm leaving." Lily explained, glancing between the two. "It's every single time. It drives me insane."

A smile came across the blondes face as she chuckled. "Oh, gosh. Hey, how did you guys get so close with them?"

"My brother plays." Lily informed, stripping from the baggy clothes into tights and a sweater. "Kienan. Have you met him?"

"No, no." Aven shook her head. "I don't think I have."

"Well, buckle up." Lily warned. "He's a pain in my ass. You're totally his type. So, beware because he will hit on you."

Bella smirked, sending a wink towards her friend. "Perks of your roommate have connections."

"You're welcome, bitches." Lily pursued her lips. "Come on, get dressed. They'll drink all the high noons. I'm not drinking that beer again. It was from the 19th century."

"It wasn't that old." Bella scoffed, running a hand over her hair as she tied it into a ponytail.

Lily shot her daggers. "I've seen it there since the beginning of the school year. They don't even drink it!"

Aven shook her head as the two girls bantered back and forth, deciding on changing into a hoodie, a smile black one.

She kept her hair from her face as she lifted the hoodie to her nose, her body breaking into chills at the familiar.

"Hey, are you cold?" Jack asked, staring at her as she shivered, toes digging into the sand.

"No, no." Aven lifted a hand, ignoring the goosebumps plastered across every inch of her body.

Jack rolled his eyes at her protest, taking his hoodie off as he handed it to her. "Put it on. Your dad will hate me even more if I give you hypothermia."

Aven wriggled into the hoodie, his scent engulfing her nose. "I'll give it back."

"Keep it. I have plenty." Jack waved his hand at her, his light eyes staring at her frame as he smiled, leaning to press his lips to her temple.

"Aven..."

"Aven!" Bella snapped her fingers in her face, causing her to shake her head with furrowed brows. "Hello? Where'd you just go?"

Aven blinked, rubbing the mascara from underneath her eyes as she sauntered over to the mirror. "Uh, sorry. I just zoned out."

"Clearly." Lily chuckled, wrapping an arm around the blonde as the three walked out of the door room.

missin aven and jack
18k 💝