twenty-five

✧˖*°࿐ WILL YOU CALL WHEN YOURE BACK AT SCHOOL?
taylor swift

"Are you sure this isn't showy?" Aven asked, grunting as she adjusted the tight corset. "I think my boobs are gonna pop out."

Bella rolled her eyes, smacking her lips together as she looked at herself in her phone. "That's the point, Av. We're gonna get you someone better. So, he's in the NHL? Boo hoo."

"Don't these guys play college hockey?" Aven cocked a brow.

"Maybe." Bella shooed her as they stepped out of the hall, the cold air hitting their skin. "But half of them are drafted. It counts for something."

Aven wrapped her arms around herself. "Let's see if we make it there without getting hypothermia."

"Oh, stop." Bella chuckled. "You'll get used to it. Oh, drinks on me tonight. We're celebrating you."

"I won't complain for some free drinks." Aven shrugged, following her friend towards the small bar.

Aven narrowed her eyes as they stopped at the entrance, two boys standing outside. Smiles came over their lips as Bella approached them, slipping her hair from her collarbone.

"Hi!" She beamed, hugging them both before turning over her shoulder, shooting Aven a glare. "This is my friend, Aven."

Aven tucked her hair from her ear as she joined Bella's side. "Hi."

"Hey." One nodded towards her. "I'm Mark and this is Ethan."

Ethan smiled softly at her, giving her a once over. "Nice to meet you, Aven. You guys coming with us?"

Bella hummed with a nod. "Of course we are, E."

Ethan signaled for the bouncer, lifting his wrist as the VIP band slipped from under his sweater, he gestured towards the girls beside him.

"Here, girls." He grabbed their wrists, slinging the yellow band around their arms as he stepped aside, allowing the four of them in.

Aven could feel the floor vibrating beneath her, the live band strumming their instruments at unspeakable paces as she cringed.

"This way." Ethan yelled from in front, keeping sight of the girls in the many bodies surrounding them. Aven reached for Bella's hand, being directed to a small booth, steps leading up to it.

"Hi." Bella smiled at the group. "This is Aven. She's committed to play hockey here."

Ethan's face quirked, "Wait, that's sick."

"This is Rutger, Dylan, Adam, Luca, and you already met those two." Bella breathed deeply as she nodded to herself, scooting in beside Mark as she made room for Aven.

Aven greeted them with a grin, sitting across from Rutger.

"Hey, isn't your dad one of the Devils coaches?" Dylan asked, cocking his head to the side as he stared at her.

"Uh, yeah." Aven chuckled awkwardly as they all stared at her with familiarity.

Luca hummed, holding his chin. "I knew you looked familiar. Weren't you coaching? At least that's what I thought."

"Yeah." Aven nodded, her lips falling flat. "It just didn't work it, you know? I wanted to go to college."

"Avens, like, crazy smart." Bella elbowed her. "She was, hm, second in our class?" Aven nodded, her cheeks turning red. "Not to mention she pulled Jack Hughes."

Avens lips parted as her eyes widened, Bella taking a sip from her drink. "Bella." She gritted through her teeth.

"What? What did I..." Bella's face paled as she her expression became just as panicked. "Well, I don't mean, like, literally. They were super close friends and it was that weird attraction."

Rutger snorted as he shook his head, the other guys laughing with him. "Chill, Aven. Your secret is safe with us. Hey, Jack is a good looking man."

Aven forced a laugh, shooting daggers at the dirty blonde boy. "I could really use a round of shots right about now."

"Shots?" Dylan sat up. "I'm always down for shots." He stood, bringing his finger to his mouth as he whistled. "Can I got a round for each of us, please?"

The waiter nodded, looking around the same age as them as he walked over to the bar, seconds later returning with a large tray, placing it in the middle as they all grabbed one.

"To Aven?" Adam held his up.

"To Aven!" They all said in sync, clinking their glasses together as they threw their heads back.

Aven scrunched her face up as the tequila shot down her throat, shaking her head as she placed the empty glass on the table.

"Aven, you gotta try this drink." Dylan nodded towards her, "Can I get one Ghost Pirate, please?"

"How do you guys get all this alcohol if you're minors?" Aven asked, staring at Dylan dumbfounded. "If we're keeping your secret, you gotta keep mine."

Aven nodded, leaning down, intrigued. "My family owns this place, my uncles the bouncer. Anytime you want some, you know where to go."

Right on time, the waiter placed the drink in front of her, shooting her a wink before walking off.

"And what's in this exactly, Dylan?" Aven asked, eyeing him.

"Call me Duker." Dylan corrected. "Dark rum, Captain Morgan, Pina Colada mix, Pineapple, and Orange juice."

Aven hummed as she brought the cup to her lips, taking a sip as she scrunched her face up. "That's surprisingly good. Strong, but, like, really fucking good."

"If only you knew how much alcohol you're consuming." Adam laughed, hissing as Dylan slapped him.

"He's a lightweight." Dylan rolled his eyes. "He's close to blacking out after three beers."

"Not true." Adam scoffed, whipping his head around to face his friend as Dylan pursued his lips, blinking at her.

Avens lips curled into a smile as she observed the table, hearing them bicker with one another. "They're cool."

"Told you." Bella scrunched her nose, grabbing Avens chin softly before turning back to Mark.

"Aven, seriously." Dylan returned his attention back to the blonde. "Don't listen to this dick. Plus, Ethan will hold your hair back if you gotta puke."

She laughed as Ethan threw his hands up. "No offense, Aven, you're great and all...but I fucking hate throw up."

"None taken." Aven nodded. "I second that."

"Hey, when's Luke coming?" Rutger asked suddenly, making her brows furrow.

"Luke, who?" Aven peered up from her empty drink, her drunk mind wondering.

Dylan suppressed a laugh. "Luke as in Jake Hughes's little brother. Luke Hughes. He's playing hockey for us."

"Oh." Aven rocked her heels on the floor. "He didn't mention that."

i love the umich boys sm